Awesome People Around Here...

The Warrior

🇮‌🇳‌🇸‌🇦‌🇳‌🇪‌ 🇻‌🇮‌🇰‌🇮‌🇳‌🇬‌
Sure are some good folks around these parts.

I met 91bravo 91bravo , and his wife MarriedTheMedic MarriedTheMedic on another forum. They were a big part of it, but sometimes unexpected things happen in life, and they are no longer there.

I invited 91 here to the Becker forum, and sent him a new BK4. He likes the Becker knives, and quickly became a Beckerhead. And like all of us, even though we love our Becker blades, we are knife freaks, and like other blades as well.

Anywhos, 91 invited me to a private forum. I stay in contact with he, and his wife, MTM, that owns it. A few weeks ago, she PM's me, and asks me for my address, so she could send me some forum decals. I respectfully declined, as I'm not much of a decal person. She responded that she wanted it anyway, that she had a little something else she wanted to send. I kept teasing her later on, that whatever it was, it wasn't here yet.

Most don't know, but I've been going through a lot here lately, and have been struggling with depression. I opened up about it just yesterday, via PM, to both 91, and MTM. As usual, they were filled with words of encouragement. These 2 are both awesome.

So today, the "little something" showed up. Don't know if he wants me to tell you this or not, but 91 traded his BK21 for this, just to mod it, and gift it to me. Yes, he traded with the evil @Tanker 1/66, who I'm informed, also had a hand in this. What is it?

Hate crappy indoor photos, but it's raining outside.

The box:

Homemade sheath. At this point, I still had no idea what it was, haha:

Damn! BK6 Patrol Machete with sand blasted blade and fasteners, and micarta scales!

And, in case you missed it, he even engraved my BH 81 number into it!

I'm blown away by these people's generosity. Thanks again to 91bravo, MarriedTheMedic, and Tanker 1/66. I appreciate it very much. You guys have been great to me, and it couldn't have shown up at a better time. You know I'm going to take it to the cabin with me in a few weeks. Gonna beat that new car smell off it, haha.

UPDATE: Tanker 1/66 gifted me a sheath that came in today!

Sure are some good folks around these parts.

I met 91bravo 91bravo , and his wife MarriedTheMedic MarriedTheMedic on another forum. They were a big part of it, but sometimes unexpected things happen in life, and they are no longer there.

I invited 91 here to the Becker forum, and sent him a new BK4. He likes the Becker knives, and quickly became a Beckerhead. And like all of us, even though we love our Becker blades, we are knife freaks, and like other blades as well.

Anywhos, 91 invited me to a private forum. I stay in contact with he, and his wife, MTM, that owns it. A few weeks ago, she PM's me, and asks me for my address, so she could send me some forum decals. I respectfully declined, as I'm not much of a decal person. She responded that she wanted it anyway, that she had a little something else she wanted to send. I kept teasing her, that whatever it was, it wasn't here yet.

Most don't know, but I've been going through a lot here lately, and have been struggling with depression. I opened up about it just yesterday, via PM, to both 91, and MTM. As usual, they were filled with words of encouragement. These 2 are both awesome.

So today, the "little something" showed up. Don't know if he wants me to tell you this or not, but 91 traded his BK21 for this, just to mod it, and gift it to me. Yes, he traded with the evil @Tanker 1/66, who I'm informed, also had a hand in this. What is it?

Hate crappy indoor photos, but it's raining outside.

The box:

Homemade sheath. At this point, I still had no idea what it was, haha:

Damn! BK6 Patrol Machete with sand blasted blade and fasteners, and micarta scales!

And, in case you missed it, he even engraved my BH 81 number in it!

I'm blown away by these people's generosity. Thanks again to 91bravo, MarriedTheMedic, and Tanker 1/66. I appreciate it very much. You guys have been great to me, and it couldn't have shown up at a better time. You know I'm going to take it to the cabin with me in a few weeks. Gonna beat that new car smell off it, haha.

I told you that was all Jonny. I was just the go-between for the address.

Seriously, though...who doesn’t like stickers and decals?! :eek::D

Congrats, Dubz!

Jonny and MtM are some of the coolest people on the forums here as well as that other place.

Well deserved blade, my friend. I hope this is a start to things looking up for you in the not so distant future. I will be looking forward to seeing you put that beast to work.

Chin up soldier!
Funny how a Patrol Machete lifts it right up, haha.

Congrats, Dubz!

Jonny and MtM are some of the coolest people on the forums here as well as that other place.

Well deserved blade, my friend. I hope this is a start to things looking up for you in the not so distant future. I will be looking forward to seeing you put that beast to work.
Thanks man. Yes they are, they're something else. You know I'm gonna beat on that thing. I don't show blades any mercy. ;)

Go play whack-a-mole with some stumps or somethin' :thumbsup:
Can't, it's raining. :p

Awesome people indeed!
;)

And another shining example on why I gravitated to the Becker camp.

Good people!

The Warrior...difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations...sending Aloha! Go play with that awesome gift!
Thanks man, appreciate the words of encouragement.

great bunch of people..:thumbsup:
Sho nuff. :thumbsup:

Is it me or that first "whack" with a new blade makes me cringe & giddy at the same time? Oh but that second "whack" is pure bliss.

"whack, whack, whack...whack, whack, whack"
I was like that with my BK2 when I got it. Then I couldn't wait to get another BK to beat the snot out of, haha.

Beckerheads FTW!
This! :thumbsup:

great story!

and if i'm not mistaken, this past wednesday was mental health day. so on that note, if you, or anyone else reading this, ever need to reach out, don't be shy. do it! i can only speak for Canada, but there are help lines you can call. should you need to.

That’s awesome. An extremely classy move by 91 and MTM. Dubz, I’ve only posted here a short while but I know a good person when I see one. You sir are a good person. :thumbsup:

Great post Dubz!
That’s a pretty awesome gesture from Bravo and MTTM. Sweet looking 6!
There are indeed some very cool people on this forum.

We can all get to feeling depressed at times. If any of you ever need to vent, cuss, or just need someone to talk to, PM me. I’ll send my # and we can talk. We’re all family and here to help each other.

great story!

and if i'm not mistaken, this past wednesday was mental health day. so on that note, if you, or anyone else reading this, ever need to reach out, don't be shy. do it! i can only speak for Canada, but there are help lines you can call. should you need to.
Thanks man. I don't know that I have actual depression, but I sure do get depressed. Kind of the domino effect with me. Think of something negative, that makes me think of something else negative, etc.
That’s awesome. An extremely classy move by 91 and MTM. Dubz, I’ve only posted here a short while but I know a good person when I see one. You sir are a good person. :thumbsup:
Very classy move. And, thanks man, appreciate it.

Back