Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

Learned a new technique for thinning behind the edge. I wish I had taken a before picture.

Just for fun, I also hit it with some blue paint. Trying to be like Hulks Bruks, haha! This axe originally had blue paint anyway.

Funny enough, this axe is my best chopper by far. It was a rusty mess when I got it. It's made in China. No idea of the brand, unless the brand is "Ox", but I think that is just someone's initials.

thid is cold blue too!

The race to 100 axes. A father/son duo out of Thailand have been posting in Axe Junkies fb group their amazing collection of axes with hand carved exotic wood handles. Died and gone to heaven.

ANoZFgV.jpg

Last edited:
The race to 100 axes. A father/son duo out of Thailand have been posting in Axe Junkies fb group their amazing collection of axes with hand carved exotic wood handles. Died and gone to heaven.

ANoZFgV.jpg
been watching their youtube channel for several months !

It's the picture thread I know, still it'd Interesting when you tell about the use, if you know it, for this wendhacke .

(Dont mind the "Cross", thats another one of my older Axes)

Müller Biber "Wendehacke", 800 g, 180 mm long, 130 mm cutting edge length.
Probably the thinnest blade on an axe in this thread, top that. :)
Really people, please top this. I would really like to know how thick axes were from earlier times in america, europe and around the world. I am also interested in today's working axes!

So just take a ruler and mark the middle of the blade with 7 points at 10 mm intervals from the cutting edge. Then take a vernier caliper and measure the thickness of the sheet at the points you have marked with wipeable (olive oil and others also clean away waterproof stains).

Back