1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Böker Plus Kwaiken Flipper Folder

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by RamZar, Aug 28, 2013.

1. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Böker Plus Kwaiken Flipper Folder will be available in Europe in November 2013 for MSRP of €150 ($200).

[​IMG]

Böker Plus Kwaiken Flipper Specifications:
    Overall length: 21,3 cm (8.4")
    Blade length: 9,0 cm (3.5")
    Blade thickness: 3,2 mm (0.125")
    Blade material: 440C
    Handle material: Titanium
    Weight: 153 g (5.4 oz.)
    Designer: Lucas Burnley

2. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    This Flipper is going to make a lot of knuts very happy.
    Burnley's folding kwaiken design is just perfect! sans the bugs. :D
    rolf

3. minimalist

minimalist

Jul 3, 2013
    Not all knives need to come with a hole for a lanyard. This is one of them. I'll still be buying AT LEAST 1.

4. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm on this like white on rice.

5. Blade and Flame

Blade and Flame

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd love to see a steel upgrade instead of the titanium scales. Still, nice one.

6. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    I agree. Sure it's titanium, but with that 200 dollar price tag it should have something better than 440c, at bare minimum d2 if not 154cm.

7. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    I gotta say, Boker nails 440C.

8. Acesn8s

Acesn8s

Sep 23, 2012

That was my first thought as well. I like the look of the Kwaiken, but not ready to give $200.00 for it with or without the lanyard hole.

9. ThievesLikeUs

ThievesLikeUs

Aug 2, 2009
    Now we're talkin!!

Full Ti scales and a flipper :)

10. Molle Ninja

Molle Ninja

Jul 15, 2013
    What's that bump on the top of the handle edge?

11. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Also, blade. Looks to be PhotoShop clean ups gone awry.

12. Molle Ninja

Molle Ninja

Jul 15, 2013
    Kind of regret buying my Orange Blade HQ one now, LOL.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  13. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
  14. schwome

schwome

Jan 7, 2009
    BHQ has them listed under the "Coming Soon" tab :) Kinda regret selling my Albatros... Might have to pick another one up when I buy the Kwaiken :)

15. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Kwaiken folder was pretty streamlined.
    as for the flipper protrusion,
    just not entirely convinced that
    the metamorphosis is truly complete.

16. minimalist

minimalist

Jul 3, 2013
    They really need to get rid of that damn lanyard hole.

17. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    I wish they would upgrade the steel to at least n690co. 200 bucks just seems like a lot for 440c. Sure it hast titanium, but you can get other knives with similar construction for under 200. Spyderco Sage 2, Spyderco Chapparal, Bradley Alias II. Even the Bradley Alias I is only $206 if you shop around. There are probably others out there with titanium handles and better steels. I keep going back and forth on the Boker Burnley Kwaiken, and have friends that feel the same. It's just too much for the steel you get. At least the knife nuts I talk agree. I'm hoping that maybe the 440c is pre production and that productions will have upgraded steel.

18. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Although an upgrade of the steel to N690BO would be nice, for the flipper Boker did upgrade from AUS-8 on the regular Kwaiken to 440C for the flipper. Also, the street price for the flipper here in the U.S. will probably be around $130 not $200.

19. Wallaby7747

Wallaby7747

Mar 21, 2012
    Honestly I wish the handles were still the normal non TI but we got a better blade steel and lower price point. still gonna be on my to buy list though.

20. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
    reverse-mod anyone? grind off the flipper and do the kwaiken gen 1 flipper mod. :D (actually considering this)