1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

B.L.A.S.R. 1 and Firesteels Available!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear' started by Sam Wilson, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello Everyone,

I have available right now a B.L.A.S.R. 1 (Basic Lightweight All-purpose Sparking Receptacle), a firesteel handle with compass on top, and a smaller firesteel handle on lanyard. All are pictured below.

The BLASR 1 features a machined aluminum body, knurling for sure grip, a 3/8" diameter firesteel, a compass in the buttcap, lanyard and a couple of Quik Tinder tabs. It has a satin finish. Firesteel is replaceable, so the aluminum body will last you a lifetime. $60 + $5 shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The medium sized unit is a solid aluminum handle, machined recess for the cord wrap, button compass on top, lanyard, 3/8" diameter firesteel, and a blasted finish. Firesteel is replaceable, so the aluminum body will last you a lifetime. $40 + $5 shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final unit is a knurled aluminum handle for a 1/4" diameter firesteel. It has a lanyard and blasted finish. Firesteel is also replaceable, so again the aluminum body will last you a lifetime.
    $20 shipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All work is done in-house by me. If you buy either of the larger firesteels, I will throw in the smallest unit for $10. If you buy all three, price is $105 shipped. U.S. only on this one. Thank you for your support!

[​IMG]

Sam

Trael1, indawire, willrise and 3 others like this.
  2. Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2012
    BLASR 1 and the small firesteel are gone.

3. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    I am doing a small batch of BLASR's at the end of the month (the one with the knurling). If anyone is interested, simply post here and I will add you to the list. Doing some for some of the guys on the ESEE forum, so thought I would add it here, also. Thank you.

Sam :thumbsup:

4. Nystagmus

Nystagmus Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2016
    These all look really cool and really well done.

I’m interested in a blasr and the smallest one as well. Shoot me a PM when you’re ready and I can send over funds. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Sam Wilson likes this.
  5. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    No problem! I will be starting to machine the bodies in the next week, they should be complete the following week. Thank you!

Sam :thumbsup:

Nystagmus likes this.
  6. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    OK, I have everything in stock for these now, should begin and complete them within the next 7-10 days. If everyone that wants one would PLEASE (those are nice all caps, not aggressive all caps) send me an email to [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it.

This will allow me to do one email to everyone involved by using my website email program. No one's email address will be shared with anyone else, the program just sends to everyone on that list so I don't have to do it individually.

You can be as brief or talkative as you want, but if you could state what you ordered (BLASR 1 or similar), I can keep track of it that way. Thank you very much! I appreciate the support, and stay safe!

Sam

Trael1 likes this.
  7. Fosmosis

Fosmosis Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2017
    I am interested in the smallest knurled handle

8. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    That one is sold, but I will be doing more later this month, if you'd like one. Black GunKote is now an option.

Trael1 likes this.
  9. Fosmosis

Fosmosis Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2017
    That would be sweet! Mark me down for one later this month

10. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    You got it!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sam

11. squishware

squishware

Jun 8, 2009
    Email sent for largest and smallest in gunkote black. Thanks.

Sam Wilson likes this.
  12. Trael1

Trael1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Email sent for a large and small gunkote.

Sam Wilson likes this.
  13. Sam Wilson

Sep 3, 2012
    squishware likes this.