B13

I'd like to see it cg big finish to keep a nekkid blade and cost down. Around four and a quarter for the price and I'd get 3. 4 or 5 if I had time to work on bugeting

Why do you assume that CBT would raise production costs? AFAIK, most CG Bussekin are carved by CNC mills. Even on the 'flat grind' bevel, one can often see hints of the machine tool lines. So CBT shouldn't cost any more than flat.

^^^I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the first to say it. The CBT MOABolos were more expensive than the flat ground ones but that might have nothing to do with production costs.

I'll be honest, if it's CBT I might not buy it. Keep it BASIC.

I thought that was settled... you guys need to learn to focus ;)

Ooh! a B.I.G. finish B-13?!!??!? Good God Man, what are they waiting for?!!?!?!? :eek:

BRING IT! BRING IT NOW!!!!! ;) ---- :thumbup:

Finished another 2800 mile week at work and got some sleep:foot: now I can chime in here for a bit...

B I G on a B 1 3 could work. So would satin. So would coated cg.
Honestly I don't care what finish it has, I will make it my own however it is offered once it is offered.
Strip a cg for competition finish, or just start whomping on a big or satin... it matters not if it never comes to fruition.
Focusing on those details are not nearly as important to me as getting the Bossman to say yes to this knife in the first place. ;)
Keep in mind saying no to buying one because of some little detail will not help this project along.
Now I will be the first to admit I was not super excited about a plain jane INFI version of the 1311 on the first page, but the Bolo 13 version of B13 is a whole other animal. It looks amazing, sounds amazing and will be an amazing chopper/machete hybrid to use for a multitude of tasks.

Now, once this happens and Jerry sees how many of this awesome knife actually sell, I suspect we will see a lot more variants offered down the road just like we are seeing happen with the B8. A lot of folks did not show much interest in it... then it showed up as an LE and sold out... now we are seeing cg's. It's kind of a sleeper knife design because it doesn't *look* amazing but it is very functional yet lightweight. The big heavy pretty knife designs look neat, but they are not nearly as practical in everyday use due to weight... beyond being cost prohibitive for a user. It seems a lot of people take the wait and see mindset until they hear others talking about how great the product is to use, then all of a sudden the demand spikes. Word of mouth sells... always has, always will, now we just need a B13 to go on about! Help us help you Boss! Bring the Bolo13!!! :D

A recurved res-c handled chopper is not a recent idea... I searched some old threads I remembered where res-c on a recurve blade were mentioned a while back as being very appealing...
From 2011 INFI machete thread:
I would love to get my hands on a BAZilla!!! I can just imagine how much fun and productivity I could get out of a Basic Anorexic Zilla around .18 thick with res-c grips. One can dream!
... yes I use my Zilla's for machete use too and they work well ... they are'nt cheap though ... lol ... but a lighter Zilla in the same vain as the Basic's would be an interesting option ...

From 2011 models Busse could improve thread:
For me I think the Busse line up has some simple designs missing which would be good to see .... although the trade mark talon hole makes it difficult to do as a Busse .... maybe a special Infi run from Scrapyard or Swamp Rat .... but of all my knives .... these are ones which get perhaps the most use that are none Bussekin ....
*snip irrelevant*

I also think a stick tang and Res C grip was crying out to be done when Busse looked at the Khukri and the Zilla's ... it keeps the overall weight down for belt carry to a useful 20 oz ball park figure .... and is very comfortable .... this CS Khukri had a terrible grip with harsh checkering but taken off with a dremel and sanded smooth it is my most effective lightweight chopper .... it just pips a B11 because of the khukri design .... although both are excellent choices and whilst I would prefer the Basic 11 if I had to make a choice because of the ASM edge and the benefits of Infi .... the lighter weight of a stick tang Zilla with good forward balance chopping power is a real "Gem" waiting to happen ....

P1010432.jpg

*snip irrelevant*
*snip irrelevant*
I like the *snip irrelevant* Res-C Killa Basilla!

From 2011, an entire thread on a Basic Zilla recurved blade:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/883333-A-crazy-idea-I-had-Basic-Kukri

From 2012 KZIII thread:
*snip irrelevant* I want a BASIC KILLA ZILLA!
What do you mean by "basic killa zilla"?
The basic series has Resperine C which is a kind of rubber handle. That's what I want in an infi kukri!
KZ Basic FTW
In for a Basic KZ or Kukrat or ScrapKuk!!!
Since there have not been any recently released res-c handled rats, I am suspecting that a KhukRat is only going to be an option as a micarta handled blade, but here's hoping for a SR101 Khuki Old Mutt or an INFI Killa Basilla! :D
Killa Basilla!!!! :eek::eek::eek: If Jerry is going to make another Zilla it has to bear this name i would buy 2 from the name alone
What about Killa Zilla basic III???
I'm in for this.....:thumbup:
I would like to see a Kukri KZ2 blade wrapped in RES-C and a lot of it. Not some skinny hilt covering like a DF or SR-Battle Rat but a hunk of well shaped RES-C. The only other real improvement is make the blade, .200" as long as the edge to spine was more tapered. With the thickness of the blade and this type of hilt the user would receive less vibration and get more bit into the wood. A serious chopper!!!
I agree with what you've said here, I'd like to see a thinner kukri so you could actually rationalize carrying it. Res-c would also keep the weight forward so you'd get great performance combined with the thinner stock, especially if a full convex (from edge to spine) grind was used in addition.

The Scrap Yard Regulator handles would probably work pretty well for this design too, nice meaty Res-c with a thinnish tang.
KZLB basic

The demand not only is here, but has been there for quite a while. I am very excited about seeing this happen and I believe there are many more out there just like me.

Please bring the Bolo 13!!! :D

Agreed 100%. I prefer the bolo/recurve design on a big blade like this. I got a MOABolo off the exchange recently and hopefully scored a CBT version. While they are great knives, I can see a huge benefit to going with a basic handle design and thinner blade. I'll take what I can get but my vote is for the bolo over the 1311 blade. CBT too if possible. I would go for the 13asic 13olo 13 before a Khukuri.

Agreed 100%. I prefer the bolo/recurve design on a big blade like this. I got a MOABolo off the exchange recently and hopefully scored a CBT version. While they are great knives, I can see a huge benefit to going with a basic handle design and thinner blade. I'll take what I can get but my vote is for the bolo over the 1311 blade. CBT too if possible. I would go for the 13asic 13olo 13 before a Khukuri.

Balance/handling is everything. You really can't have a long, thick heavy blade that is useful. If it is too heavy, then it will tire out the user.

Yes, I agree with both of you on this. Keeping the end product under 24 oz is key for this blade to be useful, closer to 20 oz would be really sweet.

I did a little paintshop work to my original drawing for the avatar just to run it by you guys. This is in Busse colors, black & yellow could be any other color background you guys like. Is this of any interest or do you guys want to do one with the blade concept image in it to get more attention?
2ngy4hi.jpg

13eing a13le to control where your chops land is key in effective chopping. I've found though, that for 13atoning, a little thicker is right up my alley. In the realm of .1875-.22 thick is my wheelhouse.

Well said fellas, I'll buy a B13 no matter what configuration, but all this bolo/bazilla talk is killin me.... please boss, make the basic bolo 13 happen!!!!!

I did a little paintshop work to my original drawing for the avatar just to run it by you guys. This is in Busse colors, black & yellow could be any other color background you guys like. Is this of any interest or do you guys want to do one with the blade concept image in it to get more attention?
2ngy4hi.jpg

Let's roll with the yellow! I can't get it to upload from my phone, will try again in the morning.

Nice work Tim. I like it. I could definitely go for the image of the blade being incorporated into it too. Maybe if you get the background yellow to match both images. I also really like the idea of the knife being the number 1 in the image like this one

Maybe a combo of the 2 designs?

Well, not getting anything else done today because I just felt like being lazy, sitting on the couch and playing on the computer... so here is what I just finished by taking W-457's image and tweaking it a bit.
This is the full size version.
167p54z.jpg

This is the avatar sized version.
8yaqg3.jpg

Here is just the blade concept... in satin.
f4i7sy.jpg

Nice work. I think it looks too much like a 13 and not enough like a B though. It's probably the font of the 3.

Here is a horizontal version logo of B13 concept in satin:
2urw96o.jpg

Back