BAD DOG- The CR35

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
As you all know, Mark Scrimgeour is highly skilled blade grinder, and an indispensable and highly charismatic member of the CPK team/gang (see post #6).

This knife was inadvertently named by the beautiful and talented Matthew Gregory, (see post #47)

QTramLh.jpg

What you may not know, is that Mark moonlights as a CUSTOM KNIFE MAKER! Although his Instagram presence is huge, you'd never know it because he goes under the alias 'Baddog Knives'. Either sneaky or humble, we may never know.

If you're starting to understand why this thread has the name 'BAD DOG', then you are picking up what I am putting down......

Yes sir, there is a Lorbadiendogdesign collaboration coming down the pipe!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What we are working with here is a small knife, a fixed blade which will kick an ass. An aggressive little bugger that bites like a...

BAD DOG!

Here are some notes from Mark, describing how things are gonna go. Use your imagination- what knife comes to your mind?

"it’ll be 3/16 or less probably right around 170ish"

"Almost all will be ground on a rotary platen. Very little radius. Just enough to make an s grind."

"Handle and fasteners will be standard CPK"

"some angle to the top of the handle not unlike the edc"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I know what you're thinking;

GMXJq3T.jpg

Just relax, Mark will likely make 100 of them. I'm sure there will be plenty for everybody!

x3KjI5i.jpg

Last edited:
After talking with Mark on the phone, getting some background regarding his influences and experiences I started drawing something up.

This here is the first, rough, draft;

1wQcPgZ.jpg

As a knife designed for personal defence primarily, the length of the blade needs to be long enough to get to where it needs to go. The canted handle will provide some mechanical advantage in a slashing cut while moving the blade forward in that reverse grip so the the edge is closer to the knuckles.

The handle needs to not only stay in your hand, but provide a nimble and intuitive shape which allows a rapid transfer from one type of grip to another. It also needs to provide enough leverage that the hand will not be able to slide off the handle and onto the blade.

Also, we are looking for the Loveless Effect here. Those who know, know.

Back