BAD DOG- The CR35

Comparing the blade to handle, somewhere around a 4" blade?

Is it that just a swedge or is it going to be double edged, because I think there are still a lot of areas where carrying a double edged blade is verboten?

After talking with Mark on the phone, getting some background regarding his influences and experiences I started drawing something up.

This here is the first, rough, draft;

1wQcPgZ.jpg

As a knife designed for personal defence primarily, the length of the blade needs to be long enough to get to where it needs to go. The canted handle will provide some mechanical advantage in a slashing cut while moving the blade forward in that reverse grip so the the edge is closer to the knuckles.

The handle needs to not only stay in your hand, but provide a nimble and intuitive shape which allows a rapid transfer from one type of grip to another. It also needs to provide enough leverage that the hand will not be able to slide off the handle and onto the blade.

Also, we are looking for the Loveless Effect here. Those who know, know.
Hmmm but where's the wharnecliffe, though?

Also what size are we thinking here, that looks like a ruler line that means maybe eight inches overall? So this is not gonna be the micro EDC.

Comparing the blade to handle, somewhere around a 4" blade?

Is it that just a swedge or is it going to be double edged, because I think there are still a lot of areas where carrying a double edged blade is verboten?
Looking at the scale at the top, looks more like a 3.5 inch blade and a 4.5 inch handle

Lorien Lorien
CPK Mark CPK Mark

Boys, this looks like a great piece, knowing what you are both capable of individually, I can't wait to see what you do together, so count me in.

As an aside, it may be good to clarify what this is or isn't now before people start labeling it one thing or another. I think I understand the situation, but I'm not 100% I may not be wrong. I am interpreting this to be an exclusive project between you and Mark and that this is not a CPK offering, is that correct? If that is correct, I think it could easily be confusing for some to think its a new CPK model since it is using D3V and being discussed here on the sub. I think it is a great thing in either scenario, and am on board either way. I also, just may be a dumbass and am the only one creating the confusion. If that is the case, my apologies, just take my money at the appropriate time!

this project is made possible by the extraordinary generosity of The Evil Genius himself. Nathan's known far and wide as the kind of person who enjoys facilitating the success of others, and although we haven't discussed it, I feel like that's what's happening here.

the knives will be produced in the CPK facility, using CPM 3V with the proprietary Delta heat treatment protocol

This is a collaboration between me and Lorien, however Nathan is going to provide machining support and heat treat.
this project is made possible by the extraordinary generosity of The Evil Genius himself. Nathan's known far and wide as the kind of person who enjoys facilitating the success of others, and although we haven't discussed it, I feel like that's what's happening here.

the knives will be produced in the CPK facility, using CPM 3V with the proprietary Delta heat treatment protocol
Thanks, fellas, that's how I was reading it, and that is awesome all the way around, can't wait to see this happen.

I know it's very early, but how do you guys plan to sell them? Pre-order, regular Friday sales(large or small quantity), random timed fun sales?

Back