BAD DOG- The CR35

Has anyone had the opportunity for any kind of rough use with their reaper yet?
I’ve used mine on the job a few times. Mainly because I forgot to swap my EDC2 in. At work I carry my EDC2.
And I don’t know that what I’ve done with it really qualifies as rough use. Either way it performs wonderfully. I’ve cut heavy rubber drain pipe, zip ties, and cleaned up threads on some brass fittings. I’ve cut copper wire (12gauge), stripped large copper wire and used it to dig a hole through a drywall fire barrier. Feeling super guilty afterwards, I immediately cleaned it up. I’m not saying it’s too pretty to use but between the hollow grind and beautiful satin finish there is some hesitancy. I’m 100% the knife can handle it. Just not sure I can.

Also the tip is very pointy and is wonderful for piercing stuff.

I’ve used mine on the job a few times. Mainly because I forgot to swap my EDC2 in. At work I carry my EDC2.
And I don’t know that what I’ve done with it really qualifies as rough use. Either way it performs wonderfully. I’ve cut heavy rubber drain pipe, zip ties, and cleaned up threads on some brass fittings. I’ve cut copper wire (12gauge), stripped large copper wire and used it to dig a hole through a drywall fire barrier. Feeling super guilty afterwards, I immediately cleaned it up. I’m not saying it’s too pretty to use but between the hollow grind and beautiful satin finish there is some hesitancy. I’m 100% the knife can handle it. Just not sure I can.

Also the tip is very pointy and is wonderful for piercing stuff.
I think that qualifies as "rough" for a knife this size. Is there rougher use? Sure.
Honestly, that's exactly the kind of stuff I was curious about. I've never had a knife with a hollow grind (for multiple reasons) so I wasn't sure what it would stand up to.
I don't imagine I'd use a knife this small for anything beyond what you described. I'm sure there's something that will come up, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

I think that qualifies as "rough" for a knife this size. Is there rougher use? Sure.
Honestly, that's exactly the kind of stuff I was curious about. I've never had a knife with a hollow grind (for multiple reasons) so I wasn't sure what it would stand up to.
I don't imagine I'd use a knife this small for anything beyond what you described. I'm sure there's something that will come up, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
I’ve used my EDC2 to cut steel bands off of equipment that shows up strapped to a skid. I’m sure the Reaper could handle it too, but I couldn’t.

Duh...it's D3V. We'll fail before it does. :thumbsup: 🍻

(Though I'm surprised, a bit, that the Cap'n takes pity on his blades. I figured he'd give 'em 50 lashes at the mast without a passing thought. 🤣 )

Back