• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balisong Sheaths?

Hey guys, just picked up a BM 32, and love it. I removed the pocket clip however as it got in the way of tricks. Oregon allows for balisongs, but they are a bit vague on carrying them. Found out that the best way not to have it considered "concealed carry" (which they frown on for switchblades) is to have it on a belt sheath. Do you guys carry your bali's this way? and who can make me a good sheath for my 32?

pics if you got em. Thanks.

I do em ...

[video=youtube;HtDiH7qBS9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDiH7qBS9k[/video]

100_1461.jpg

100_1462.jpg

100_1463.jpg

100_1464.jpg

I have a sheath by Linos and it's well made and reasonably priced. I can vouch for him. I have bought knives and a sheath from him. He's a respectable gentleman.

Charlie Mike: That looks good!

I have so many sheaths it's not funny. Since I have been carrying my Matt Cook knives, it's a Matt Cook sheath that I open carry. Talk about the looks that I get when I carry my Toxic Green BladeRunners Alpha Beast! Hahaha

Matt Cook :

http://youtu.be/ixXIiYMqXes

Matt Cook, Linos sheath, and Alex Salsi:

http://youtu.be/iWsY30Njoak

My Matt Cook Bolo with custom sheath:

http://youtu.be/LW97HRYTmiI

SOG CDR that matt cook sheath (last vid) looks great. Thats the style i was looking for. how much did that run you?

Here's another I did for a BM42. Its worn on a mercharness.

2011-08-24_14-59-32_927.jpg

Thanks! Mine are $60 but are lined to prevent the snap stud from scratching the knife.

I EDC my 42 everyday in a G2 (Gary Graley) sheath.
DSCN4871.jpg

It's awesome and I would totally recommend him, but unfortunately I don't think he's been making any sheaths in the last year or so.

Gary is the tops when it comes to sheaths. IMHO. As for carrying in Oregon, autos and bali's are legal to carry as long as they are not concealed. Just make sure the sheath is visable and not covered by your shirt.

_______
Gary

BU-logo-sm.jpg

Is there anyway to acquire one of these G2 (Gary Graley) sheaths for the 42 ?? the cant & style on that pictured sheath are just beautiful .. I WANT , I NEED!!!

My pics come no where near anyone elses, but since we're talking about G2 sheaths now here's mine.

IMAG0029-1-1.jpg

also like to add that this sheath was on when i crashed by bike on the 101, barely a scratch on it

Wow those g2 sheaths look amazing. Thats the style i am looking for. Unfortunately I dont have $60 to drop on a sheath at the moment... anybody have an old sheath laying around?

Hawaiian thanks for the info. Thats basically what I had come to understand from my searchings but good to hear it from someone else on BF too. My only problem is that I am a student and want to carry around town and campus, and dont want to draw much attention to myself. So the balance for me is having something that looks good as well as isn't too flashy. Im now starting to lean towards something with a snap as to make it hard to see that there is a balisong under there. and as much as i dont like the pocket clip, since it does make it protrude above the pocket line, i dont think this would count as "concealed"???

Oh an Charlie Mike, love your sheaths too! have you done any for the 32 or 51 yet? I have concerns about the heat of kydex messing up the G10 scales. or wearing them out during carry and un/sheathing. Your leather looks great too.

Kydex shouldn't affect G10... or heat.

Wow those g2 sheaths look amazing. Thats the style i am looking for. Unfortunately I dont have $60 to drop on a sheath at the moment...

o.

Check with Linos then If you want a Kydex sheath if you have low funds. His are priced competitively.

I have concerns about the heat of kydex messing up the G10 scales. or wearing them out during carry and un/sheathing.
Kydex wont scratch your knife,it`s the dirt and foreign particles accumulated(?) inside that usually does the scratching, keep it clean and you wont have problems

Back