Balls out EDC folder

hey guys,

for a while i've been collecting spydercos and bark rivers. i love it and will continue. but i've had my eye on some of the really cool heavy duty folders and think i want one. the ZT's and Striders are a guilty pleasure of mine, although I've never owned one.

What do you guys recommend? While I do want a gutsy folder, I don't want camo blades or skulls. That stuff is silly to me.

Thanks!

I have a ZT 0300 and 0551, and I think both would fit the bill of what you're looking for.

the 0300 would be good, if you want a 3.25" blade you could go with the 0350. its a pretty beefy blade.

ZT0350CB.jpg

ZT0350CBback.jpg

Last edited:
Definately the ZT0200, and Knifeworks has an exclusive ZT0200 with a satin finished blade if you don't want black. IF you can find a ZT0500 MUDD it would be a great heavy duty knife to have.:thumbup::)

hahahahahaha i have no clue why i selected "balls out"

but i do imagine if i had any knife at all and my balls were out, i'd have control over most situations.

hahahahahaha i have no clue why i selected "balls out"

but i do imagine if i had any knife at all and my balls were out, i'd have control over most situations.

" i do imagine if i had any knife at all and my balls were out, i'd have control over most situations." :D

That's a great sig right there :D

ZT 0200: half a pound of metal and g10 that will make you giggle.

However, I am really enjoying my BM805 TSEK from kw. Dont think it is as tough as a zt0200 but for knife use it is tough enough.

I do like the ZT's however there is something about the Benchmade Sibert that is pretty cool...

What do you fellas think about that model?

I was watching a review of a knife, and i totally agree with the guy. when you pick it up, it will put a big, stupid grin in your face. this is the ZT 0200. :cool: that is a BAD --- knife. (PG rated fingers)

Striders are cool and will attract the attention of friends or bystanders. AR or GB would probably scream louder than SMF but I did not see them come in stonewash finish like some SMFs. That new AR with a frame lock is something I'd like myself. I like you prefered uncoated blade on my SMF but now I wish it had stripe coating like my DB because when this finish wears off from use it makes the blade look even more bad ass.
I never owned ZT folders but if you are on a budget then it's the way to go for sure.

The Spyderco Manix 2, Spyderco Gayle Bradley, ZT series, and Al Mar SERE 2000 are all intended as durable folders.

Back