Basic 8 le vs. DS8 comp

Just handling my DS8 (haven't used it), it's very blade heavy and feels slower than my B8LE. I love the choil compared to the B8LE, and it may end up getting sent out for a FFG regrind...just debating the cost of the venture and if that means I would be willing to give one or the other up?

Going to hold fast until I get the White Feather HOGB8 in hand.

Yeah then there that.... the HOG 8. Theres plunty of B8 le out there and im sure a bunch will be poping up soon enough but Id just like to hear more feedback on the DS8. I am fonder of a FFG but have used saber ground knives for years. Thats an interesting thought izhmash on having your DD8 reground to FFG. I wonder if there would still be a faint fuller grove left if you did. You should go out and do some chopping and batoning and see whatchu think cause thinning it out might make it fast but not worth a shit functionally in the woods

IMG_0402-XL.jpg

I like the grind on the B8 better than the DS8 but the DS8 doesn't have the flat section between handle and blade. Both would serve equally well and you would have a hard time telling the difference in use.

I like the grind on the B8 better than the DS8 but the DS8 doesn't have the flat section between handle and blade. Both would serve equally well and you would have a hard time telling the difference in use.

Yep, the signature talon hole results in a need for a huge ricasso. The ricasso is wasted space on a knife, IMO; it is neither handle nor blade.

Great looking blades!

we need a DS4 without a choil .. ( sorry to stray from the thread topic ). I really like the DS knives.

Yeah brummie i could have bought a chioless B10 off mike and bob at the indy 1500 4 years ago for stupid cheap, like $329, but bought some gun stuff instead and have been kicking myself since. The worst thing i past up was a pumpkin, jungle green w/ orange n black g10, TGLB for $369. I just saw the exact same knife on the FS section sell for $ 665? Lol man.

Back