Battle Grade MOAB - This has to happen

Will York Will York , How thick is "FAT"? ;)

If Jerry offers the BG MOAB in the original .41" thickness and a new Fifty Cal (.50" thick), I will need one of each! :D

You’ll have to ask Rob—he’s driving this train.:D:thumbsup:

Mate, the MOAB I have is the fattest blade I own. A .50cal would be almost absurd, almost :D

To hell with it, why not a .75 or 1.0!!! Imagine that!!! A 1.0" thick blade, full height flat zero edge. That thing would be like the big blades they use to mill logs at timber mills. And the workout!! Probably a 5kg knife. I'm gonna need a stronger belt.

Some of the HI Khukuris go up to 5/8" thick, so I was being conservative at 1/2". ;)
Maybe 1/2" is too thick for the BG MOAB, but I'm curious enough to buy one. :D

ps, The .75" & 1" thick models will have a sheath with wheels on it! ;):D

Last edited:
The only downside to a MOAB is I probably would not look at my Steel Hearts or Battle Mistresses quite as fondly. ;):D

We need the BG MOAB, fat (.41") and super fat (.50") please! :)

A day without a BG MOAB is like a day without coffee – it should not happen!
Jerry, End the madness and release the BG MOAB! :)

^--- Some folks probably don't realize how versatile the MOAB is! ;)

The masses need the BG MOAB!

I support this thread.

Lardoganzaaaaa part 2 please, featuring:

MOAB BG
MOAB CG coated
MOAB CG competition finish

Just for fun, .36, .41, and the fiddy .50

Rob, don't underestimate the power here- I would be all over this in SR101 - with Infi I'm out, too rich for my blood and so long to my Forsaken BM order, this would replace it- and honestly, I'm on the bubble with it.
I've followed along, the embers are glowing on the inside but it's hard to get excited until Jerry would actually notice or comment~ I want to, I really do! :D

Now on the size of the slab, I have a question, what is, or is there much of a difference in actual density between SR101 and Infi? It's probably so close it's not important but for a blade this size it might be noticable? or microscopic- so a silly question I was curious about. First thoughts are, I'm liking that .41 or so, maybe even a .375 cal but don't think I'd get excited at or above 50 cal. where I think it becomes a novelty. There's a point of diminishing return in there somewhere.

Leonardo63 Leonardo63 , I agree with a lot of what you said. The Forsaken BM is a cool looking knife, but I much prefer the simple lines and full flat grind of the MOAB. I doubt that any density difference between SR101 and INFI would be noticeable, if you're thinking about how it affects the weight of a large blade like the MOAB. As I said about 2 weeks ago, maybe a .50" thick BG MOAB would be too thick to be practical, but I'm willing to spend the money to find out. :eek::D

Back