1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Battle Rat, Trash and Hell Razor

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by rpn, Jan 22, 2017.

1. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Something to look at in this poor, shrinking forum!! :eek:

The Trash is only a few steps behind the Battle Rat as a chopper...that's amazing given the size difference...

[​IMG]''

[​IMG]"

Just got this new Hellrazor in...it's sr101...and the glamour shot....

[​IMG]

Used it and the Trash to take care of the Christmas tree...the Trash dusts the Hellrazor as a chopper...I was surprised- thought the HR would do better!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is after 15 chops...the Trash clearly has it...

[​IMG]

Anyway...back to nothing happening at the Swamp forum...:grumpy:

On a more serious note, what I am planning to do is test the Hell Razor against the Trash, Esee 6 and Survive 7/7 (when is gets here!) and see that I think about knives in this range. The first three are so different that it's pretty amazing how similar sized knives can be so different and have a range of uses and philosophy of use...

To be continued!! :p :thumbup:

2. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Very Cool!!

and yea, I agree, there seems to be more Swamp topics over on the other sub forum than here for a long time.

3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I really liked the look of the Trash 2 when it came out. I should have grabbed one. Glad the Trash 1 is serving you so well!

It will be interesting to see how your tests turn out, and what you find that is unexpected, like the Trash chopping better than the Hell Razor. I was able to grab a used 1111 recently and am anxious to get some use on it as I've been wanting that or the 1311 for awhile.

4. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Gold Member

Dec 2, 2008
    That hellrazor is just so pretty...

I think I'm getting suckered in by fullers on knives recently...

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

5. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    I know things can ebb and flow...but dang! This is the slowest I've seen it in my 9 years here!

6. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    The Trash is such a beast I think my even my nephew in the Marines and his buddies might have a hard time breaking it! ;) :eek:

7. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    I know, right?! I've been lusting after one for years...I thought it would have a more nimble feel to it and it would chop better...but it's balance point is just at the edge of the scales.

We'll see what the 7/7 is like! I enjoy my Esee a lot already...

8. scrappy

scrappy

Jul 7, 2007
    Thanks for sharing the pics. The trash definitely has some weight for its size

9. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Trash-1 does pretty well against green and small vegetation too
    [​IMG]

10. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    +1 to that, why is that so...:confused: more to look at, whats those pants!..;)

[​IMG]

11. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Now there's a classic!

Would love to see and hold one of these...:thumbup:

12. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Not much action here, makes one feel crazier than a shit house Rat.[​IMG]

13. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Right?

I also should've grabbed a Trash 2. Oh well. There's always the secondary market.

14. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    I have a Trash 2 and wanna test it against my BR also it's very close in size but thinner stock. Res-c handled knives seem to out chop any other type of handled knives in same size range in my Experiances. http://[​IMG]

15. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
  16. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'd be interested in seeing that.

17. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Me too.

If Dan had kept the shape of the drop point of the Trash on the Trash 2, I would have picked one up. I love that blade profile.

18. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Same here, there is something that didn't do it for me in Trash 2...

19. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    I agree, on looks it doesn't really do anything for me but thought it would be a thinner BATTLE RAT basically. Still havnt gotten out to test it. My plan is more as a summer heavy duty machete and the Rat a heavy duty winter knife. Well check back when I test the 2 side by side.

20. Cryptyc

Cryptyc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2013
    The hellrazor looks mean!

Brian77 likes this.