mykel m

Gold Member
[youtube]9nCgDG31VhM[/youtube]

[youtube]cOeKidp-iWo[/youtube]

[youtube]N7vCww3j2-w[/youtube]

Always liked this one from Mercy Me

[video=youtube;N_lrrq_opng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng[/video]

G2

Gary: My then 22 year old daughter had just came out of a persistent vegetative state from head injuries sustained in a hit and run when this song was huge. It was doubtful at the time that she would ever walk or speak again. I would take her from the nursing home to physical therapy, this song seemed to always come on the radio during these trips. Invariably she would put her head back and begin to wail and cry. The first couple of times this happened I asked if she wanted me to change the station. She shook her head no, and signed to me "I'm not unhappy. I'm worshipping." Think about the words in the context of someone who cannot walk or speak but lives in faith.

Today she walks unsteadily and speaks well enough to be understood on the phone. She has this habit of bursting into laughter at random times, as many head injury patients do. I once asked her what was funny and she said "Nothing. Sometimes you just have to let the joy come out!"

I really enjoy instrumental music. Sometimes a lack of words speaks to me in a way words can't.

Boards of Canada - Amo Bishop Roden

Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy

Aphex Twin - Lichen

Aphex Twin - Rhubarb

Aphex Twin - Stone in Focus

Armin van Buuren - Coming Home

Any track by the band Explosions in the Sky.

Codger_64

Norah Jones, daughter of Ravi Shankar.

[video=youtube;lbjZPFBD6JU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbjZPFBD6JU[/video]

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Prayers to you guys, things happen in an instant that carry on for a lifetime, it's amazing how fragile we are and how at the same time quite strong. You may never know just how it all will work out! But sounds like she has a good mind still running in there to me.

G2
Gary: My then 22 year old daughter had just came out of a persistent vegetative state from head injuries sustained in a hit and run when this song was huge. It was doubtful at the time that she would ever walk or speak again. I would take her from the nursing home to physical therapy, this song seemed to always come on the radio during these trips. Invariably she would put her head back and begin to wail and cry. The first couple of times this happened I asked if she wanted me to change the station. She shook her head no, and signed to me "I'm not unhappy. I'm worshipping." Think about the words in the context of someone who cannot walk or speak but lives in faith.

Today she walks unsteadily and speaks well enough to be understood on the phone. She has this habit of bursting into laughter at random times, as many head injury patients do. I once asked her what was funny and she said "Nothing. Sometimes you just have to let the joy come out!"

mykel m

Gold Member
Got a few more movers.

[youtube]jMBU4kR70z4[/youtube]

[youtube]buGo4dm5xGI[/youtube]

[youtube]aSWUKOPTt2g[/youtube]

Tim McGraw: "If You're Reading This (I'm Already Home)"

I can't even type it out without getting a lump in my throat. Find the 2007 ACM live performance on YouTube....but only if you have a box of tissues nearby. I dare ANY politician to watch/listen to the video/words and feel like they've done enough to serve our veterans.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC