Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice waking up to a working furnace and hot water.
I know the feeling. We just replaced both our hot water heater, and furnace, not to mention had a new roof put on a few months ago.

I'm getting bids for a new furnace - I can install my own water heater.
figure if I gat the bids now, I can get it installed before I need it next fall -- and having 6 months to save up funds is a good thing.

Lucky for me, my brother is one of those people that can do anything. He fixes everything I can't figure out. Just seems to come natural to him.

Also, my cousin works at a heating/air place, and I get huge discounts on some things.

Just another day. :cool: My uncle and I were just talking over the phone about his knee replacement he had done on Monday. They found a 2.5" fracture or spur with bone shards floating around in there. They didn't know how he could walk, he just told them that it hurt. What are you going to do? o_O So as we were talking I heard a diesel pull up outside, the kind with air brakes, and it stopped with the engine running. I thought, maybe a delivery? Then I saw red lights flashing through the drawn blinds, awe crap! :eek: (Please be for someone else!!) My sister and her husband live across the street, it was paramedics for my brother in law. He rode a hundred miles on his bicycle today for one of his triathlons or some such. He must have dehydrated cause he puked and passed out and turned blue while cramping up. My nephew came over and told us. So, he is getting chauffeured to the ER for a check out.
Oh yea, we put ma on hospice care a couple weeks ago too. Just another day. Smoke and prayers gratefully accepted. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Beckerheads!
My brother in law should be on his way back home today after some tests, he's improving. And my uncle is on the mend. We can only maximize ma's comfort and the time we have with her.
Many thanks for your thoughts, prayers and smoke!!

Ig
today was a day that reinforced my habit of turning on the water for 30 seconds before dipping a toe in the running water to see if it's up to temp yet.
it wasn't.
what makes this worse is that my furnace runs off the hot water tank, too.
by 6, I had a functioning water heater - 6:30 PM, I was able to turn the furnace back on.

stupid thing is that the part that went bad was the first one I checked -- and it worked at that point, but completely failed when I broke down and called an HVAC tech to come take a look. I actually heard the ceramic crack on his hand.
he was cool about it, though - called the parts house and told them to expect me -- let me buy the parts at my cost and install it myself, so I only had to pay his base service call fee and not another hour++ and parts markup.
Ignitor? FYI the resistance across the ignitor should be about 40-90 ohms. If it’s more than that it’s breaking down and will cause intermittent ignition issues.

yeah - I'm thinking it was on too long when we had the ice storm a month ago that froze over the vacuum breaker on my propane line -- was probably 2 hours calling for heat before I figured out there was a problem.

Trying to hold off buying another knife. Letting someone else get it.

You should jump on it at that price. I've heard that they are all but out of production now that the dad has retired. The son is only making 15-20 a year instead of per month.

You should jump on it at that price. I've heard that they are all but out of production now that the dad has retired. The son is only making 15-20 a year instead of per month.
Sent him a pm. Dammit.

I actually made an offer, he may not take it so early in the game.

He took it, it's mine. It is a sweet looking blade. You know, cause I need another blade. I have knives I haven't even used yet. Like my Tony Mont custom Hunter, the Helle the Tank man gifted to me, the KA-BAR I recently purchased, the...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back