Becker vs ESEE

I think you'd have a hard time distinguishing between the steel quality/performance between the two companies/product lines. And the thing is, Becker or ESEE is such a ridiculously can't-lose prospect anyway... literally toss a dart at a catalog and you will have yourself a badass knife.

I kinda wonder though.. if you've got a BK14, I think you're pretty well set for edc. The Candiru seems small for that.

Yup. That pretty much sums up what I think on the matter.

Decisions, decisions. I just feel that maybe a shorter blade would be less intimidating to non-knife-friendly people. The 14 is somewhat intimidating, especially with that black powdercoat. Even though the IzulaII is black, I think it's shorter blade length is less frightening? Hmmm

Get it on pink for less intimidation.....

The new series of bright green with orange handles are quite a bit hard to loose.

The handles haven't figured into it for me at all- I like the 14 and the Izula best without any handles or cord on them, and underneath it's the same handle. But as far as the rest goes, my 14 is easier for me to sharpen and it holds an edge longer than my Izula. And I like the slightly longer blade of the 14, although in many jurisdictions it will put you slightly over the common 3-inch carry limit.

I love ESEE blades, and own just about all of them. I don't have a new Laserstrike yet, but the others, I pretty much got.

You will never go wrong with either choice you make, both are great tools, made with quality.

Get the Izula II.

Moose

eseebecker01.jpg

eseebecker02.jpg

Between the stock BK-11 and the ESEE Izula 2, I prefer the ESEE. But if you add a little custom work, the choice becomes far more difficult...

Can't go wrong with either! Good luck, OP! :)

Seriously though, if I had that knife, every time I'd pull it out, I'd have the willies (pun intended).

I guess they named it "Candiru" to strike fear in the hearts of men?

I have an Izula 2 and my son has both the Izula 2 and the 14. Personally I like larger handle of the Izula 2 and have become partial to the Izula 2 Blade design. So in short I like the Izula 2 better, but it probably has a lot to do with it being one of my EDC items and it has grown on me. As many have said already you won't go wrong either way

I have, use, and carry both brands. I think the Izula is one of my if not the favorite EDC-friendly knives I own. Izula 2 is also a fantastic knife.

Decisions, decisions. I just feel that maybe a shorter blade would be less intimidating to non-knife-friendly people. The 14 is somewhat intimidating, especially with that black powdercoat. Even though the IzulaII is black, I think it's shorter blade length is less frightening? Hmmm

It's too bad people are still judging knives by their color:(

Izula II is probably my favorite ESEE. Go for it. No one here will hate you. We'll just send you nekkid pictures of Jeff Randall.

Thank you for not threatening to post up nekkid pictures of Mike Perrin!

I think I"ll get the Izula II then, and remove the scales. I think it looks sweet in desert tan, too. Plus, I'll have another sheath project.

No it comes in black OD green orange(Dealer exclusive) and desert tan.

I've got one in OD green and it is my favorite small fixed blade, love it.

Back