Beckerhead check-in thread

BH #103 checking in. Still here now & then, mostly lurking. I will be buying the new Harpoon. I love the harpoon blade style. I have 3 others & love them.

I tried looking/searching for the old "BH's, what do you drive" thread but nothing came up. My search-foo must be weak ! Lol I need to update it. Any help would be great, thanks.

Last edited:
#10 here. DawsonBob and I were having a chat one cold January night ten orbits around the sun ago. I said to him, "seems there's enough Becker followers here that we ought to start our own little 'club' where all things Becker can be discussed". We talked about it for a day or five...and the rest is history.

415 here. One of my favorite forums, I like to check back in on you all from time to time.

Really like the bk18. Haven’t been able to make the jump on the bk62 yet. One of the very few I don’t have.

Last edited:
hi guys!
my MO is that i tend to wander away for chunks of time, but with this social isolation, one positive is that i'm back on the forum! so ... BH #802 checking in! ;)

and, of course, one of the dangers of being active on BF is knife-buying. :rolleyes:

i saw a post somewhere about the BK62 kephart being on sale. i snatched one up.

my initial impressions were, "huh, i think i'd like the blade a touch shorter." and, "man, i wish the handle scales were a touch thicker." but also, "wow, i like this grind. and this is super sharp!"

but then i handled it a bit, and i have to say i'm impressed. the handle is actually quite comfortable and i really like the balance. i think i like the 5" blade on it.

fantastic peanut butter knife! :D

uCoJ6G7.jpg

YafncxC.jpg

tongue-in-cheek comment, obviously. i am looking forward to putting it to some better use in the kitchen this week, and maybe taking it for a walk this weekend. cheers.

Back