1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Beckerhead firearms

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Norse_Nightcrawler, May 7, 2014.

1. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    The revolving cylinder rifle looks like a Colt Patterson revolving cylinder carbine, caliber .55, Model 1839-1842.

If so, Some called it "Colt’s revolving wheel of misfortune. The reason was that a multiple miss-fire on a pistol was not serious; at worst the pistol might be damaged. But with a long arm, because the person firing it was supporting the barrel with one hand forward of the cylinder, a multiple miss-fire could cost him a hand.

This was one of the 2 revolving cylinder rifles used by the Texian Navy and Marine Corps.

The other was the hammerless Colt Patterson revolving cylinder rifle, caliber .40, Model 1838-1842.

Any sold to the Texian Navy had a 5 pointed embedded in the right side of the stock.

2. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    :thumbsup:

If only I could buy one right now lol. PSA has them for $214 after the mail in rebate. :eek:

Yeah I can see why that could be bad haha. Thanks for the info.

3. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    My most recent acquisition. Springfield Armory Mod.2 in 9mm. It was on sale & got 4 free magazines, free 2 mag belt holder & holster.

[​IMG]

Also picked up 3 Pearce Grip extensions for the compact mags. They work GREAT & make ALL the difference for my hand grip with the compact mags.

[​IMG]

And, here is 2 targets, 7yds, holstered, draw & fire as fast as i can. Not pretty but would be a DOA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like this gun so far. Picked up a "Just Holster It" holster & really like that as well. Quality, fair price & local.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Noswad0208 likes this.
  4. acerpower

acerpower

Apr 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. cEdge

cEdge

Apr 14, 2011
    I couldn't pass up $214 for the M&P Shield. Picked it up this morning before heading off for a weeks vacation near Skyline Drive in Virginia. Can't wait to put a few (hundred) rounds through it. ;)

Noswad0208 likes this.
  6. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    oh weird, beckerhead policy is only people over 21 can have guns :D

7. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Guess I'm out then. #607 is available again. :D

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Picked up from my neighbor. Ruger sp101 357 magnum. Cool little gun.[​IMG]

9. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Currently debating between this and an LCR in 9mm. Considering I already have a GP100 Wylie Clapp for hammering nails and using as a paperweight, the LCR might win out, although it pains me to admit that.

10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    A revolver in 9mm has always sounded bizarre to me, though it certainly piques my curiosity when I think about it. I have the LCR in .357 with a Trijicon front sight. It is a great little gun, have been pretty happy with it.

[​IMG]

NixKustoms and Bladite like this.
  11. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    a certain outfitter store is having an online sale on hipoint compact 9mm pistols for just barely under a $C-note.
    and it comes with a kershaw A/O knife.

12. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    On the hunt with my Benelli M1Super90

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    danny.k and Kentwood33 like this.
  13. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Did you get your limit?

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  14. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Right up around that bend to the right, a hen ran across the trail and lifted off an then went down in a puff like a ME109 in the Battle of Britain 4th or 5th for the day. My wife actually caught it with her big lens as the hen took the hit. I will have to get it from her. I usually have on my gopro I film the dogs as they are working the birds I think I enjoy just watching a good dog work more then the hunt lol

danny.k and Kentwood33 like this.
  15. JD Miller

JD Miller

Jun 30, 2015
    Beretta 686 and my Deutsch Kurzhaar

[​IMG]

danny.k and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  16. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Beautiful Hund. I hunt over a Deutsch Langhaar and a French Brittany. Had to put down our Deutsch Kurzharr Rosie last year after 15 years. Rosie could wind a bird in Hurricane:( I miss that dog

17. JD Miller

JD Miller

Jun 30, 2015
    Bird Dawgs :thumbsup::D Are you in Europe?

I've had GSPs and DKs for over 45 years :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  18. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Couple screen shots from my gopro video. Mauser on point. Wind was gusting to about 20mph bird was 50yrds away.

Great point, one shot, dead bird, great retrieve. Doesn't get much better then that. I Can't Wait For Hunting Season!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    danny.k likes this.
  19. JD Miller

JD Miller

Jun 30, 2015
    Nice,

Out training pup.. 14 year old got pup exited about water, swimming, and water retrieves
    [​IMG]

danny.k and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  20. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    That is one good looking Bird Dog JD anticipation of greatness for the pup. Isn't it a nice feeling I love it