Beckerhead Gathering, 2011

Yeah, gotta eat some lunch though.

Derek, you still going to post up some more pics and vids?
They haven't seen the spring-loaded projectile yet. :p

Ok, that was the coolest thing I've done in like, 2 weeks. Gotta get that posted. I gotta check email too, to see if Sam's pics have come yet.

Good call Biscuit.

Moose

Awesome photos! Gonna be hard as hell to wait all the way to 2012 for a mini camp and mini mag. They look great.

We found one of those weird spring loaded russian knives, that basically shoot the knife portion out. So what did we do? In the interest of Science, it got shot. Below is the results. The first one is Guyon, the second is tha Moose, and the cackling is from pretty much everyone. Enjoy. :D

[youtube]xTYVRZwYTBE[/youtube]

[youtube]AXDyS3LKIVw[/youtube]

5751648051_63992f3867_b.jpg

Last edited:
5751201665_2d38d0574c_b.jpg

Not sure where this came from...

:D

That rocked.
What the video doesn't quite show is that Moose stuck it in that wood from about 25 to 30 yards. You can clearly hear the "thunk" though. :thumbup:
I think Derek has a pic of the knife in terms of how it stuck.

Yeah, Moose only shot once. Wasn't going to do any better than that, so he wisely quit while ahead. :D
That thing was accurate from a few feet. I was aiming center of log, and I hit center of log. :thumbup:

5751201665_2d38d0574c_b.jpg

Not sure where this came from...

I think Jerry Busse snuck into your hammock in the middle of the night. :eek:
Did you wake up smelling like Scotch? Did you feel violated in any way? :D

Yeah, that Spetnaz ballistic knife is something else. :D Don't wanna shoot them off too often, you might wear the spring out. LMAO.

That rope system is the coolest tension system I have ever seen, and if it impresses Jeff Randall, well, its pretty damn impressive. The simplicity and functionality, coupled with the many ways it can be implemented, everyone should copy that schematic, practice it, and master it. Its that good.

Moose

the rope system is much like something the rock climber dude's use for various antics, but they don't tend to double the rope up.

as well, a modified variant is used for setting up slack and tight lines for walking on, but typically with webbing. good stuff.

the doubled line i suppose gives one a chance to "recover" the line and move on, but you do leave one anchor end behind, rock climber types would probably choose to leave a sling and a rescue ring behind instead of a biner and rope. course, chances are, you could recover it later.

though it begs the question how you got across in the first place ;) yeah yeah, i know, someone volunteers :)

the rope system is much like something the rock climber dude's use for various antics, but they don't tend to double the rope up.

as well, a modified variant is used for setting up slack and tight lines for walking on, but typically with webbing. good stuff.

the doubled line i suppose gives one a chance to "recover" the line and move on, but you do leave one anchor end behind, rock climber types would probably choose to leave a sling and a rescue ring behind instead of a biner and rope. course, chances are, you could recover it later.

though it begs the question how you got across in the first place ;) yeah yeah, i know, someone volunteers :)

You could throw a ninjer grapplin' hook over yonder an' hook it.

2009_ninja_with_hook.jpg

Moose

yeah, good luck with that :) been there, done that. not reliable ;)

bow and arrow not so great either.

what ya gotta do is get a small child, and a trebuchet :)

Simple. You shoot a trained squirrel across with the Spetnatz knife.

Nothing on the new BK6?
Someone must have more pics, information, a video of it chopping...Something please?

Nothing on the new BK6?
Someone must have more pics, information, a video of it chopping...Something please?

The BK6 was a pre prototype, and not for use. It was merely to see the shape, outline, grinds, and see what needs improved upon. Most folks would need some beating of the steel to figure that out, but, after 50yrs of dealing with steel, E can look and tell. So can Toooj. The BK6 and BK1 were just for lookin' at. The next ones will be beaten thoroughly, I assure you. :D

With a little luck, I'll take one to the ESEE Swamp Training Class in October. Maybe a tweener or 3. :D

Moose

Nothing better than the second knife vid... any time a group of guys shoots something, there is a delay and then laughter - you know it was awesome.

Rolled in about 20:00, opened the door and the got knocked down. Seems a critter committed suicide on the transformer and took my power with him. From the smell, I'd say Thursday or Friday. Had a freezer full of beef, venison....etc, etc. Nice. Will try to get the pics posted tomorrow sometime. We sure had a hell of a time and made some fine friends. More later.

Back