Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

knoefz knoefz recent post reminded me that I have been procrastinating for months and still needed to dye my BK19 micarta to fit with my set. Finally got to it and rounded it out with some azwelke azwelke kydex…

4gcAYE2.jpeg
kVT8ZKC.jpeg
ugiBZRv.jpeg
9OQzlzE.jpeg

1/4” Becker handled Bolo you say….
Could you be talking about THIS BAD BOY!!!
oSSIZyt.jpeg
So at the recent Beckerwest, I had a chance to play with a big Bolo I’d made years ago and I thought I should own another monster blade with Becker scales😁 This time I went with a Bowie!!! 1/4in 5160 and a near 2 1/2in wide blade make up this camp monster! It’s 16 3/4in overall with an 11 1/8in blade tip to scales. Weight is a still very manageable 25oz. Gonna be fun cutting and splitting firewood at camp👍 I also went large on the sheath utilizing some .125 thick Kydex I salvaged years ago. Dang near indestructible package!

View attachment 2398176

nice way to cut the tenon - imma have to remember that one,since I also like to use pipe and/or pipe caps for ferrules.

nice way to cut the tenon - imma have to remember that one,since I also like to use pipe and/or pipe caps for ferrules.

This was in fact a test of that technique specifically. It worked great. I believe that's a 1" hole saw (1/4" pilot bit) with a 3/4" domestic plumbing cap. They work perfectly together (slightly loose, which works fine). And you get a nice deep concentric pilot hole.

Now if I can find a way to lock the block onto a drill and turn it against the grinder, it will be even more symmetrical and quick.

Back