Beckerheads’ Thanksgiving

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Platinum Member
I’m making them tomorrow. I half ‘em, coat in olive oil, season with garlic, cumin, and salt, and sprinkle diced pancetta on them. They’re always a favorite. :thumbsup:

Also, just sharpened my BK62 and 98 so they’re ready to carve tomorrow. :)

Creaky Bones

Gold Member
D2N5ygf.jpg

22-rimfire

Gold Member
Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Anyone bring out Joy of Cooking for the occasion? We are hitting my wife's daughter's for the traditional turkey feast. Years ago, my wife and I always looked forward to spending the day in Gatlinburg TN, eating at a fairly good restaurant, and then hitting the park for some car touring. But that changed with my wife's daughter moving close by.

Having Thanksgiving in Maine at my folks, the 2nd most quintessential state for Thanksgiving - the first being the Granite State, it being the home of Sarah Josepha Hale, aka "the mother of Thanksgiving". My mom's not too mobile - so all us adult children are making the meal. Turkey, skin-on mashers, roasted carrots, butternut squash, green beans, cranberry relish (how can one not?) & gravy. And cornbread. Banana bread, pumpkin pie & apple crisp for dessert. All for 6 adults and my two teenage girls....'course, anyone of the Northeast 'Heads that've been to a gathering knows there'll likely be more leftovers than actual dinner. Turkey carving to be done with a Cinci Magnum Camp I found yesterday and couldn't NOT bring home. I'll try to get some photos posted up later. Happy Thanksgiving, friends - cuz despite whatever crap I might be dealing with, I still have things to be thankful for - Uncle E and you folks, for one.

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Platinum Member
Changed things a little bit today. I decide to visit my FIL in rehab so I spatchcock roasted my turkey breast and made a bacon wrapped roast beef instead of using the smoker.
Ouy7f8o.jpg

wrzT9dW.jpg

62 and 98
0xHi346.jpg

Brussels with pancetta
wErOt84.jpg

My plate
opgmv9O.jpg
I made my wife very happy. That’s a win! :)

Don W

Gold Member
Happy Thanksgiving. I spent half the day sitting in a tree waiting for a deer. The other half the day eating wonderful food. Never saw a deer while in in the tree, but one was waiting for me on my walk back to the cabin.

While my family has a lot to be thankful for this was a very challenging year.

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Doing my turkey today. BK-15 and BK-5 are good carving options, but I'll probably use my 8" Nicholson File carving knife again. Hopefully it turns out well. Didja know that a 17lb turkey is $6.50 the day after Thanksgiving? :-D

JJ_Colt45

Gold Member
I think most of us around here actually don't eat so much at our big meal but the leftovers are like a 5 day feast 24/7 instead of fixing other food.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC