1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Becker's knives, what's you combo of choice !!!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Kentwood33, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Kentwood33

Kentwood33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Seems the right combination for camping tho ,I've never use a saw(axe man) , but actually thinking in give one a try, any recommendations?

2. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    Bk 12, 16 and Wetterlings Hatchet...

3. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca

Jan 23, 2011
    Two Bk9's!

4. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015

I use a Fiskars with great success, and have heard great things about the Bahco Laplander as well. Both can be had around the $20 mark.

I am primarily an axe/hatchet kinda guy, but it's quicker, quieter, and neater to use the saw. You can saw nice rounds from a log with flats on either side for splitting with the hatchet or batoning with knife. Either way, the wood can stand on the flats which is nice.

I usually use the saw on heavy/thick bits, and then the hatchet for limbing, and splitting.

5. Captain Airyca

Captain Airyca

Jan 23, 2011
    +1 for the Bahco Laplander. I love mine so much.

6. Kentwood33

Mar 13, 2015
    Now that makes perfect sense, seems that the hunt for a saw just begun [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

7. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    You can't saw down trees where you are from. Come on, who you kiddin'? [emoji6]

Actually, I need to pick one of those up. Every time I think I need one I find something else I need more.

8. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    My combo: 9

9. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    9/24 with the 16 running backup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. knifejunkie1928

knifejunkie1928 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2015
    omenwolf I am still drooling over that rig in the top photo.
    My similar rig is still a work in progress...

11. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    /thread

Laplander is great. They weigh very little, and not expensive, and and just tear through wood. Opinel #12 saw is a very good choice if you want something more pocket sized.

12. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    Oh the things you don't know.... They are an amazing pair!! I've beat the hell outta the 5. And it surprised everyone for a chopping contest. They really are amazing in the right hands, and can do way more than just kitchen duty.

13. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I know. But I have so so many other knives to play with in the woods.

14. Kentwood33

Mar 13, 2015
    Awesome set up, nice looking dangler ,and that 14 piggyback make such a unique combo ,just can't stop staring at the pic , regards !!!

15. Kentwood33

Mar 13, 2015
    Perhaps I'll give a try to the opinel #12 since too many good reviews, not gonna skip it !

16. NixKustoms

Dec 30, 2010
    Be equal. ;)

17. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I can't The BK9 must be appeased.

18. NixKustoms

Dec 30, 2010
    Oh you're one of those guys.... :)

My 9 rides shotgun in the truck.

19. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I am the leader of those guys.

My BK9 has it's own truck that I'm not allowed to drive.

20. NixKustoms

Dec 30, 2010