Becker's knives, what's you combo of choice !!!

Recycled pic, sorry.

BK-15, SOG Paratool, Maglite Solitaire, Buck sharpening plate. Have stripped the blade since this, but you get the idea.

IMG_20150325_090454_1.jpg

Zieg

maybe I'm old school for hunting - Buck 110 + 105 but last year I used the Cold Steel Pendleton lite Hunter to gut our deer and it worked great !

my bad.. newbie using Tapatalk (dis-oriented) maybe I should buy a Becker. the standard handle doesnt feel well in my medium-to-small hand size.. recommendations?

my bad.. newbie using Tapatalk (dis-oriented) maybe I should buy a Becker. the standard handle doesnt feel well in my medium-to-small hand size.. recommendations?

Yes, the BK15, 16, and 17. There's also the 11,14, and 24 that are terrific EDC blades. Advertised as neckers but fit great in a pocket with homemade or aftermarket sheath. The stock sheath can be modified for belt carry either at home or from adding a TDI clip.

Welcome to Bk&T! You don't have to own one to hang out here, but be forewarned... You may end up snagging that first one and all us enablers are no help in stopping an obsession!

are there after market handle scales with/of differnt sizes and shapes?
Oooh yes. I know tapatalk isn't the easiest to look it up, (that's what I'm using now) but there are so many ways to customize a Becker, either thru talented people here on the forums, or yourself.

Here's what I take when bumming in the woods:

One of a SAK or Leatherman Rebar.

My trusty BK16 (or sometimes just my 11 when out for a short day hike)

Just picked up a new Bahco to replace my bendy bendy Greber saw. Looking forward to getting it out and knocking the new off of it. Will be making a leather sheath for it soon.

Still trying to find a hatchet/tomahawk/chopper that works for me.

(And yes that is a skiff of snow on the ground. Lucky me lol)

Here's what I take when bumming in the woods:

One of a SAK or Leatherman Rebar.

My trusty BK16 (or sometimes just my 11 when out for a short day hike)

Just picked up a new Bahco to replace my bendy bendy Greber saw. Looking forward to getting it out and knocking the new off of it. Will be making a leather sheath for it soon.

Still trying to find a hatchet/tomahawk/chopper that works for me.

(And yes that is a skiff of snow on the ground. Lucky me lol)
Indeed, lucky you, can't wait for some snow here in Kentwood MI(sarcasm),good combination you have there, perhaps you should give a try to the condor's hatchet, kinda small but for short trips into the woods works pretty well,and they aren't that expensive.

Indeed, lucky you, can't wait for some snow here in Kentwood MI(sarcasm),good combination you have there, perhaps you should give a try to the condor's hatchet, kinda small but for short trips into the woods works pretty well,and they aren't that expensive.

Thanks. I'll give it a look see.

Back