Beckerstone National Snark.....CHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I never was really intrigued by the 4. Then when more people started posting about it after release, I got curious. Although I've never used it, I just don't see where I really need it. It would be better for me to get rid of it unused, than to use it and get less. I like my 9 better, by a long shot. When I show them both to people, they all like the 9 better. Looks wise, at least. I'm just not overly crazy about it.

Is there some order that these are made in? Like what stops people from making like 10 000 chat threads after the old one is closed? Do you guys nominate yourselves to be next in line for a title?

Nothing stops anyone from making a bunch of chat threads, but if someone did that, the mods would lock them. Whoever decides to put a new one up after the old one gets to a 1,000 gets their thread used.

Watching a documentary about the Badwater Ultramarathon, anyone else heard of this? It's that 135 mile foot race through Death Valley where temperatures reach up to 130F with extreme elevation gains and a 48 hour time limit. It calls itself 'the worlds toughest foot race'. Pretty badass if you finish though...

Just got back from Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter, all in all I liked it. Good action, interesting plot concept and of course there is that ax wielding a$$ kicking :D

So, I just got back home from Springfield. I'll tell ya what. It's a LONG day to drive out to Springfield, Mo. interpret the wedding, then drive back to St. Louis. Tomorrow I'm doing some rearranging in the loft.

Building a couple altoids fire kits. Is there such a thing as too man ways to start fire or would it be better to concentrate on more materials for a couple ways to make fire. Right now I have a stick of fatwood(thanks Faler), a few fire straws, a couple lengths of jute twine, mini bic, firesteel, striker, 2 alcohol wipes for fire. I also put in a few extras like a mini compass, can opener, and a small single use tube of superglue. Anything you guys would take out or add to that? I'm also going to do a small fishing kit in an ear plug case, so I wouln't put any of that in there.

I may or may not be able to includee some of that. ;) The tin might be a bit small if I wanted to do that.

One of the Wetfire Tinder cubes might be a good addition, but with the fire straws, probably redundant.

On another note, I'm thinking of taking the thumb ramp off my 9 today. Somebody talk some sense into me.

good morning everyone! it's like 3:30 here, I'm up bright and early to drive to settle to see a cruise ship for work. Seattle has silly knife laws. That is all. Have a good day!

I feel like I may have missed something last night. It smells like perch in here too.

Grrrrr, computer is using 1.5 gigs of memory right now and will be up to almost 2 soon. I must have some sort of spyware on here somewhere, but nothing finds it. It seems like it gets up to 2 and starts slowing down after having firefox open for a bit. If I close it and re-open it sits at 1.5. Any ideas? I'm running Avast and also scan with malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy.

Vista on this computer too btw.

Firefox has been full of memory leaks since they started updating it like crazy. Other thing I noticed lately is Java acting wonky and sucking up RAM if you don't have it updated to the absolute most current version ever. YMMV

So the Idea of this thread is to make sarcastic comments?? Sounds fun

Oh, it is so much fun.

Italics makes for instant snark. Sink or swim time. Get to it.

Thanks for the info Derek. I followed a link posted earlier and did some plugin updates including java and all is right again. I'm down to using just over a gig of memory now. Musta been java.

On another note, I'm thinking of taking the thumb ramp off my 9 today. Somebody talk some sense into me.
I guess I'm one of the few that likes the thumb ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back