Behind The Scenes 08/29/2017 - .....

Behind The Scenes @ Fiddleback Forge
Just a friendly reminder these knives are for “Preview” not “Pre-sale”.

I dont think that's how you run it Allen
2v2uAan8GxurAoi.jpg

OIC, he’s changing the blade
2v2uAancTxurAoi.jpg

Soon to be laminated & on a knife
2v2uAag5WxurAoi.jpg

The grinders on the “wood/scale” side are getting a work out
2v2uAaFYFxurAoi.jpg

2v2uAadBSxurAoi.jpg

2v2uAadLSxurAoi.jpg

2v2uAayeqxurAoi.jpg

2v2uAaytLxurAoi.jpg

New quench plates
2v2uAa5cSxurAoi.jpg

2v2uAaNayxurAoi.jpg

It’s a toss up up between this...
2v2uAa58nxurAoi.jpg

Or this, which one is the worst job ( in my mind)
2v2uAQPUyxurAoi.jpg

Tapering of the Tang
2v2uAQsfnxurAoi.jpg

2v2uASU5MxurAoi.jpg

Buddies
2v2uAQ7DjxurAoi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

More to come as time permits.

Wait- wait- wait- The tang tapers are done free hand? I assumed that a jig of some sort was used. Holy shit. I can't fathom the patience, skill, and eye involved in that. Do y'all have a way to scribe the tang to give guide?

Is that common practice for the industry? I feel like I've seen a jig used before.

Looks like a lil' lady to me.

Lil' Lady w/ osage over natural liners & lime pinstripes, SFT, convex on spalted 1/8" A2 ??? Am I close Phillip?
That sounds about right:thumbsup: you forgot the price :D
Wait- wait- wait- The tang tapers are done free hand? I assumed that a jig of some sort was used. Holy shit. I can't fathom the patience, skill, and eye involved in that. Do y'all have a way to scribe the tang to give guide?

Is that common practice for the industry? I feel like I've seen a jig used before.
Correct. They are done free hand. Thats why they are not 100% consistant from knife to knife.
We use a height gauge to scribe the tang and center line on the blade.
Ive seen a surface grinder used before on IG.

2v2uAdSoNxurAoi.jpg

Paging Odaon Odaon 7th pic down!

Edit: Uh, wait a minute. I see an un-matching liner :oops:

Not a match! Haha. Thanks for looking out! I need 3/32 A2, Osage, over white/natural. :thumbsup: They've come close, but I don't recall seeing a perfect match yet.

Looks like a lil' lady to me.

Lil' Lady w/ osage over natural liners & lime pinstripes, SFT, convex on spalted 1/8" A2 ??? Am I close Phillip?

Looks like black liners and pins to me. ;)

Back