1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Belts?

Discussion in 'SaddleBack Leather Company' started by floyd the barber, Mar 17, 2011.

1. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Jul 3, 2011
    Can anyone from Saddleback chime in and tell me if the release of the belts in august will have any variations in design from the pre-release that occurred this month? For example, will there be different buckles, etc. I will be ordering one either way but need to know if I should wait until the next release to purchase. Thanks in advance!

2. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Got my dark coffee belt in the mail today! Needless to say I'm tickled! So far that makes a medium wallet, bracelet, & belt all matching. Wish I had one of them keychains! Gotta figure out how to get me one of 'em. Now if Saddleback only made custom holster!

3. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    [OT]
    Dan of Thor's Hammer Custom Leather does firearm holster, and his work is top-notch. I recommend him after seeing his latest work for a Walther PPK he did for a buddy.
    [/OT]

4. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks! A word of caution. Now don't get me wrong, I love my belt, I've worn it every day since it got here, but when folks get theirs, they should loktite the chicago screws. After about a month & some change I almost lost one in a public urinal. Luckily it fell in my hand, but I've never untightened them or messed with them at all. I did call Saddleback & they suggest the same thing. Don't think this is a factory flaw or anything, Saddleback doesn't loktite 'em so the user can make final adjustments & then loktite 'em theirselves.

5. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    511 belts do the same thing.I lost one of the screws out of both my 511 belts,had to hammer in a brass rivet to fix them.
    Last I looked at Saddleback belts they did not offer one in my size.I have a 42 in waist but that means I have to buy a 52 to 54 in belt.

6. kreole

kreole Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Your Saddleback belt size is your jeans size, i.e. 42.

From the "Specifics" tab:

7. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Thanks for that.
    Nothing like how all others belts are sized.

8. kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    It's such an obviously-good idea that one has to wonder why all belts aren't sized like that.

9. kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    Just following up on this, I got my belt a few days ago. I ordered a 34", which the size guide says should be 36" to the middle hole, but it's about 38 3/4", which puts me at the smallest hole. So, I'd suggest getting a size smaller than your normal belt size.

10. rayban

rayban

Apr 14, 2007
    Do you still feel this way?