Belts?

Can anyone from Saddleback chime in and tell me if the release of the belts in august will have any variations in design from the pre-release that occurred this month? For example, will there be different buckles, etc. I will be ordering one either way but need to know if I should wait until the next release to purchase. Thanks in advance!

Got my dark coffee belt in the mail today! Needless to say I'm tickled! So far that makes a medium wallet, bracelet, & belt all matching. Wish I had one of them keychains! Gotta figure out how to get me one of 'em. Now if Saddleback only made custom holster!

Got my dark coffee belt in the mail today! Needless to say I'm tickled! So far that makes a medium wallet, bracelet, & belt all matching. Wish I had one of them keychains! Gotta figure out how to get me one of 'em. Now if Saddleback only made custom holster!

[OT]
Dan of Thor's Hammer Custom Leather does firearm holster, and his work is top-notch. I recommend him after seeing his latest work for a Walther PPK he did for a buddy.
[/OT]

Thanks! A word of caution. Now don't get me wrong, I love my belt, I've worn it every day since it got here, but when folks get theirs, they should loktite the chicago screws. After about a month & some change I almost lost one in a public urinal. Luckily it fell in my hand, but I've never untightened them or messed with them at all. I did call Saddleback & they suggest the same thing. Don't think this is a factory flaw or anything, Saddleback doesn't loktite 'em so the user can make final adjustments & then loktite 'em theirselves.

Thanks! A word of caution. Now don't get me wrong, I love my belt, I've worn it every day since it got here, but when folks get theirs, they should loktite the chicago screws. After about a month & some change I almost lost one in a public urinal. Luckily it fell in my hand, but I've never untightened them or messed with them at all. I did call Saddleback & they suggest the same thing. Don't think this is a factory flaw or anything, Saddleback doesn't loktite 'em so the user can make final adjustments & then loktite 'em theirselves.

511 belts do the same thing.I lost one of the screws out of both my 511 belts,had to hammer in a brass rivet to fix them.
Last I looked at Saddleback belts they did not offer one in my size.I have a 42 in waist but that means I have to buy a 52 to 54 in belt.

511 belts do the same thing.I lost one of the screws out of both my 511 belts,had to hammer in a brass rivet to fix them.
Last I looked at Saddleback belts they did not offer one in my size.I have a 42 in waist but that means I have to buy a 52 to 54 in belt.

Your Saddleback belt size is your jeans size, i.e. 42.

From the "Specifics" tab:
Size Calculation – There's no standard way to determine belt sizes. I own two belts from different manufacturers that are ½" different in length. One is labeled 34 and one is 36. A person could fit perfectly at the first hole of a belt and then gain 30 lbs. and still fit comfortably at the last hole of the same belt. Therefore, we determine the size of the belt by measuring from the buckle end of belt leather to the center hole. That's the size we label the belt, but then we secretly add 2" to counter other factors (not a secret anymore).

So, if you wear a size 36 pant, then choose a 36 belt. It will be 38" from where the buckle attaches to the belt all the way to the center hole. We do this because we don't start the holes at 4" from the tip like most do, but rather at 2" (just in case) and also our holes are ¾" apart for comfortable adjustment instead of the 1" apart (too tight or too loose) standard. The belt could be a tad bit long on some, but it will probably fit just right like it does for me, at the center hole. If it's too long, no problem. Simply take out the 4 screws, slice off some of the belt and then put the buckle and screws back into the new holes already there. I made it so simple that my grandmother could do it.

Thanks for that.
Nothing like how all others belts are sized.

Just following up on this, I got my belt a few days ago. I ordered a 34", which the size guide says should be 36" to the middle hole, but it's about 38 3/4", which puts me at the smallest hole. So, I'd suggest getting a size smaller than your normal belt size.

Back