Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it

CjZKRCGB_2uXlacyJ2wi4WNWU-ee4EQ09kGygtDXcVW0RU2phf9SRFXQwOmb563zMFIkLKLKO3zctCfu9o2H2b6UFYY5TRHF_H1Kxk5ldy8jVidzPPPhSXurj6g9tcZbc-Lrq6bc9t0=w2400

I got a Proper mostly to make grips for sale but find I actually really like the knife.
View attachment 1112248
Any suggestions what would be the coolest grips for it?
Greg Hansen has a huge range of micarta that would make cool scales. Also Arizona ironwood man sells folder scales on and off. Some ironwood burl would make a proper be proper!! LOL. I have a few proper slippies and really like them. It usually makes my everyday dress carry in a dp steel and leather pocket clip leather sheath. :thumbsup:

Greg Hansen has a huge range of micarta that would make cool scales. Also Arizona ironwood man sells folder scales on and off. Some ironwood burl would make a proper be proper!! LOL. I have a few proper slippies and really like them. It usually makes my everyday dress carry in a dp steel and leather pocket clip leather sheath. :thumbsup:

I totally agree about ironwood. I have both a decent contrast straight grain and a piece of burl I want to do Proper grips from.
20190410_150514_crop_367x548.jpg 20190417_104927_crop_704x295.jpg
I also think a synthetic ivory would be really cool and saw that Elforyn is available in 1/8" slabs.

I totally agree about ironwood. I have both a decent contrast straight grain and a piece of burl I want to do Proper grips from.
View attachment 1112277 View attachment 1112278
I also think a synthetic ivory would be really cool and saw that Elforyn is available in 1/8" slabs.
Ivory would look nice. Some vintage micarta or even some bone or horn would be cool. Please share with us whatever you decide to do. I’d be interested to see the outcome

Choppaman Choppaman that sheath looks cool and functional - where did you get it? I searched google and couldn't come up with anything - well, not that anyway.
Hi!! Yes. It’s great. It a daily carry for me during the week. If you are on Instagram-follow dpsteelandleather. He makes 6-8 piece runs about once a month. He just had one last week. First come basis. I actually have a few. They are worth having. Fits single blade slipjoints 3 3/4” to 4” very well. :thumbsup:

Rose and Thistle Custom Rose and Thistle Custom those are very cool looking - I assume those are the beginning blanks? How well will that stand up to use as compared to synthetic? Will the screw holes shrink or anything so the shoulder would no longer be as it needs to be?

I like the G10, but red doesn't look warmfeelytouchycomforatble, you know what I mean? If I could get G10 in olive drab, I would be as satisfied as I would with a medium/dark brown Micarta. But that's just me.

I love a good wood - I can't wait to see what those look like when you are done and polished!

From what I've heard ironwood shouldn't have any trouble but this will be a good chance to find out. I hate working the stuff, it gums up belts and bits really quickly, but I LOVE how it looks!
I'm not happy with how the gold G10 was coming out but if I get it dialed in I'll work on some other G10 colors. I do know what you mean by "warmfeelytouchycomforatble".

probably ghost g10 or antique linen micarta. I think it will still look good and work ok, just not selling grade. I have some pretty decent straight grained ironwood I may try too.

Back