Benchmade 903. Awesome!

Fred Sanford

Gold Member
This guy arrived today. It is so badass. I've not had a BM in a LOOONG time that I have liked this much. I have to put my foot in my mouth on the clip. I bitched about it when it came out but I actually like it. The clip looks parkerized anyway so it will wear awesomely. Also, the hump on the back looks kinda weird (where the stop pin is) but it is a non issue like Mark G. has stated. Get this knife!

I took the scales off before anything else and hit them with 200 grit sandpaper to take away the aggressive bite. No joke, without doing that I would have a shredded pocket in a week. They are the harshest (most aggressive) G10 I've ever felt. Now the G10 feels about like what is on the 710 from the factory. I absolutely will have to get the larger sized one when it comes out.

This knife is freakin' awesome. Gonna be my office carry knife for a while. It's about the same size as a Mini-Grip for those that don't know.

Enjoy the pics.... (The pics were taken after the scales were sanded)

lzG9dEl.jpg

M9MCK1M.jpg

ext3rEb.jpg

lTgOMsh.jpg

QG8lchm.jpg

WnKr2zB.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Very nice pics.
Yeah, this one is starting to grow on me.

Damn fine knife. If they ever make a version with upgraded steel, I'll definitely throw down.

...Not that there is anything wrong with 154CM (especially Benchmade's)

Great looking knife congratulations. I love the pocket clip wish they would use that on all new models. The hump though bothered me and has no place there, the knife is usable but far from ideal. I wonder if they even held the knife when they designed it, should have been on flatter on top like the original so that it was inline with the ramp and jimping on top of the blade. Otherwise everything else perfect much nicer than the mini grip.

Whoa! That's one gorgeous looking knife. I missed the original mini Stryker, and wasn't fond of the new tantos -- this looks like a perfect compromise (or maybe even better!). Thanks for the pics.

Damn I need to buy one of these!

The blade grind looks friggin awesome and the G10 work looks good and probably feels even better!

Do you find the spine serrations to be sharp? They are really pronounced and I like how it looks!

I saw this knife at the store on Sat and I thought it was very nice. I regrettably put it back. Been weighing heavily on me to go back and get it.

Damn fine knife. If they ever make a version with upgraded steel, I'll definitely throw down.

...Not that there is anything wrong with 154CM (especially Benchmade's)

I agree. BM's 154cm is very nice.

Very nice... I've never paid much attention to that model. Mostly because the pictures I have seen, have been less than outstanding. Your pictures have convinced me to look closer at them. Especially when you compared the size to the Mini Grip...

Damn I need to buy one of these!

The blade grind looks friggin awesome and the G10 work looks good and probably feels even better!

Do you find the spine serrations to be sharp? They are really pronounced and I like how it looks!

The ones on the blade are perfect. Not too sharp but they still grip. The ones on the handle are buried lower than the G10 so they might as well not be there.

I may have to get this and its big brother. How does it carry?

It carries quite awesome. It's light and you don't really notice it being there. I will get the larger one I think as I think it will be closer to the perfect size then this one is.

Last edited:
I love mine and it came sharper than either of my 484 or my 940-1 (sold it). I am going to sand down the g-10 a little bit it's a great carry knife.

Could anyone post a picture of this knife beside a Mini-Grip and/or a 484 Nakamura? They seem somewhat similar on paper so I'm curious what the differences are.

I guess it wasn't that awesome after all?
I love mine and it came sharper than either of my 484 or my 940-1 (sold it). I am going to sand down the g-10 a little bit it's a great carry knife.

I'm really digging the 904, it's a great little knife. I'm usually more fond of larger 3.75"+ blades. I've been carrying my 912 for the last week and I have to say I like the older Strykers a bit better.

I guess it wasn't that awesome after all?

I'm really digging the 904, it's a great little knife. I'm usually more fond of larger 3.75"+ blades. I've been carrying my 912 for the last week and I have to say I like the older Strykers a bit better.

I'm super torn. About every hour I change my mind. I like it, then I don't like the shorter handle. I do like the original Strykers better as well. I prefer the thumb disk to the stud.

The search for the perfect knife continues?

I don't know. If this had a 3.2" blade and the handle was a tiny bit longer it would be THE one.

Love the Stryker, so glad Benchmade decided to bring back a truely classic design.

If I can find a place that will shave a little off the MAP, I will buy one right then and there. :thumbup:

What a cool little knife. Thanks for the pics..

Folks know if the larger size is a definite?

Add- nevermind..google'ed my way on to the BM forum and saw it's an affirmative! Great! :thumbup:

Back