Benchmade AFCK - RIP

Anyone else notice that Benchmade ceased production of the AFCK as of 11/05? I guess room was needed in the production schedule for newer models but for me the AFCK was THE Benchmade. The TSEK (same handle as the AFCK) appears to be alive but for how much longer?

This is terible nws. F:jerkit: ing BM!!!! Why wuld they dscn sum of their best mdls??? The blade wrld shdn't be all white ivoy twr corporte America and sales. Its abt tools and an affinity with certain products developed cautiously through years of use. I'm pretty drunk right now, but this :jerkit: pisses me off. :jerkit: YOU BENCHMADE!!!! Gettn rid of decent, tried and true designs just to :jerkit: the :jerkit: of up coming designers whose oversized, ugly, :jerkit: -envy folders couldn't hold a light to the etheriel AFCK and Mchenry/Wiliams.

I like the AFCK handle greatly. The 805 and 806 are good users.

Well, maybe they will do some short runs (M2 would be grand) of these older designs, or mayby with yet a different blade a new model.

Tracker81 said:
This is terible nws. F*king BM!!!! Why wuld they dscn sum of their best mdls??? The blade wrld shdn't be all white ivoy twr corporte America and sales. Its abt tools and an affinity with certain products developed cautiously through years of use. I'm pretty drunk right now, but this shit pisses me off. F**K YOU BENCHMADE!!!! Gettn rid of decent, tried and true designs just to suck the d***s of up coming designers whose oversized, ugly, penis-envy folders couldn't hold a light to the etheriel AFCK and Mchenry/Wiliams.

Try not post drunk next time. Your language is really more appropriate for Whine and Cheese. I don't like having to chase my 10 year old daughter away while reading the Blade Discussion Forum.

sheltot said:
Try not post drunk next time. Your language is really more appropriate for Whine and Cheese. I don't like having to chase my 10 year old daughter away while reading the Blade Discussion Forum.

I second that, totally unappropreate.

Tracker81 said:
This is terible nws. ********Why wuld they dscn sum of their best mdls??? The blade wrld shdn't be all white ivoy twr corporte America and sales. Its abt tools and an affinity with certain products developed cautiously through years of use. I'm pretty drunk right now, but this ********* me off.******** Gettn rid of decent, tried and true designs just to ********* of up coming designers whose oversized, ugly, penis-envy folders couldn't hold a light to the etheriel AFCK and Mchenry/Wiliams.

Tracker81,

I reported your post. You're new and drunk, so I'm going to give you a break and ALSO warn you that I did so you can go back and edit it before the moderators get here.

Don't mess up your membership before you're even here long enough to realize what a great place this is. You'll thank me in the morning.

Don't drink and post.

Originally Posted by sheltot

"I second that, totally unappropreate."

Gonna have to go with you 2.

Back to the original post: I never owned or handled the AFCK but i really liked the looks of it. The grip looks good and so does everything about it. Was planning on getting one later on down the road. Oh well:(

Don't drink and post. 24 hours in the drunk tank -- come back when you've sobered up.

RedEdge77 said:
Back to the original post: I never owned or handled the AFCK but i really liked the looks of it. The grip looks good and so does everything about it. Was planning on getting one later on down the road. Oh well:(

I think most of us that are disappointed with them being discontinued already HAVE OURS and you're the exception. Maybe, most people who would have bought that one already did. It must be a slow seller or they wouldn't have discontinued it.

There's a million of them out there. You can probably get a like-new one somewhere if you spend a couple months watching the forums.

(sigh) The FABLED 710HS. I still can't believe it. Wish I had more time and money to buy.

It looks like I won't beable to get the 710 in M2 (still 2 places to try but everyone is closed so I can't call for availablility) but is it still good in 154CM?

RTTR said:
It looks like I won't beable to get the 710 in M2 (still 2 places to try but everyone is closed so I can't call for availablility) but is it still good in 154CM?
Yes...A Benchmade 710, "even" in 154CM is still an excellent folder.

:( It is very sad to see. The AFCK from the beginning was a truly great knife. For me, it is one of my all time favorites and falls into the catagory of a classic.

Gentlemen,

My sincerest apologies for using profanity in the general discussion forum. I should have known better and was out of line. I'm sorry.

I do however stand behind my indignation against benchmade discontinuing certain models. In the end I realize they are a business and crave the profit margin, but I really liked those knives; they are what Benchmade is to me and seeing them go will shape my impressions of this company.

When they cut the 805, I wasnt too choked because I have one and was relegated to their still being the 806. When they cut the 806 I reconciled myself to the fact that at least the 710 is still there. Now that the 710 is gone, I'm not sure what to count on anymore. Will the 551 be next to go?

I'm teetering on not buying anymore of their products as some singular form of protest. It won't do much, but at least I can by from a company that doesn't also have a blade endangered species list.

All the best for the holidays and happy New Year.

Tracker81 said:
Gentlemen,

My sincerest apologies for using profanity in the general discussion forum. I should have known better and was out of line. I'm sorry.

Good show. :thumbup:

Tracker81 said:
When they cut the 805, I wasnt too choked because I have one and was relegated to their still being the 806. When they cut the 806 I reconciled myself to the fact that at least the 710 is still there. Now that the 710 is gone, I'm not sure what to count on anymore. Will the 551 be next to go?

I'm teetering on not buying anymore of their products as some singular form of protest. It won't do much, but at least I can by from a company that doesn't also have a blade endangered species list.

Knife companies SHOULD have a flagship model and you should be able to count on being able to buy a replacement for yours if you wear it out or break it.

Emerson never discontinued the Commander.
Spyderco never discontinued the Endura or Delica or Military.
Al Mar, the SERE 2000. I could go on.

If Benchmade had a flagship model, it's definately the AFCK in one variation or other.

My 806 should be here any day....hopefully BM will introduce some replacements for these great models in 06'. PGH~

Back