Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Hello just bought my first (hopefully legit) Benchmade it's a 555-1 Mini Griptilian would've gladly bought off BladeHQ or Knifecenter but it said they were discontinued anyway I bought it off am eBay seller with 100% positive feedback but I'm still paranoid, I took these pics including one with a peek of the washer, looks like phosphor bronze
https://imgur.com/gallery/fHdMAbr

Hello just bought my first (hopefully legit) Benchmade it's a 555-1 Mini Griptilian would've gladly bought off BladeHQ or Knifecenter but it said they were discontinued anyway I bought it off am eBay seller with 100% positive feedback but I'm still paranoid, I took these pics including one with a peek of the washer, looks like phosphor bronze
https://imgur.com/gallery/fHdMAbr

looks good to me

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benchmade-940-2001-Osborne-Axis-Lock-Satin-Knife-Titanium-S90V-Limited-Edition/353306660432?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=7a5f0a82b04a4d838a15349a4e7f3a77&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&mehot=none&sd=353306660432&itm=353306660432&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&brand=Benchmade&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:fd205cdb-3780-11eb-925a-b262e3cc8bcd|parentrq:3672ef091760aaecc821912cfffb2798|iid:1

Can someone confirm this is real or fake? I know they made a limited run of the 940 with titanium scales but it was never offered in M390.... which you can see is what’s written on the blade of this knife. Also the title of the auction says S90V which was the correct steel of that run of knives but clearly the pictures paint a different story.

EDIT: After more research, found this which is obviously a fake for $84:
https://m.dhgate.com/product/bekete...C1OQlRpMWd3ZS1SR0Y4eUE.#s1-1-1;srp|0720425378

So it looks like someone bought an $84 knife made in China and trying to sell it for more than double and pass it off as the real thing. The sad part is, listing says brand new but description says it’s been used. And someone already bid on it. Poor bastard.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the Benchmade fans are aware of this so I'll post it here. Recently, bladeforums had a new dealer signup to be a paying bladeforums supporting dealer. They can now advertise here. Thing is, they sell mostly clones and copies of various top makers, and a ton of those are Benchmade models. While not outright counterfeits, they are copies and they are illegally using the Axis lock term to describe their knives. Take a look at the below and if you want more information, there are links in my signature to active discussions on the subject.

Evidence of Active bladeforums clone dealer using the term axis lock illegally:

Okay, after spending a little more time on topomart's website (I'll need a bleach shower now), I've come across a bit of illegal activity.

They are advertising that some knives have an "Ais Lock". That is a Benchmade Trade Mark. Further, you don't need to click any deeper on the website than than going to the home page to see this illegal activity. On a computer, simply go there, hover your mouse over the "lock type" tab, and you will see "Axis Lock". They have no rights to use that term. There is a reason why all the legit manufacturers have come up with their own name for the axis lock.

That means that every single link that takes you to their homepage represent a supporting dealer here stealing the trade marked name from a pillar manufacturer in the knife industry, Benchmade. No clicking or scrolling required. Right there on the front page.

Pics:

GW08yX5h.png

rScEZ0yh.png

Benchmade Benchmade

Hey all,

Wanted your opinions on if this knife could be fake or not. I know I shouldn't have bought it off of eBay and the price may have been too good to be true. But the seller had 100% positive feedback and I felt good about it at the time. After looking at other reviewers on YouTube and other forums. I am in serious doubt that this knife is a real Benchmade. Can anyone please help me in determining if that is the truth or not. Thank you. Below is the link to the pictures thanks again

Look at this on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303797254856

i hate to tell you but that’s fake. it looks like someone decided to fake a mini version of the 523 tanto presidio. i don’t think bm ever did a mini presidio with a tanto blade. either way, that should definitely have an axis lock in it instead of a liner lock. lots of other little things too but those are the ones that stand out

I saw these listed as used Benchmade "Replicas" on another forum. It's amazing that they (whoever made these) can get away with stealing the designs, logo, box labels, etc. The seller who listed these disclosed that they are not real Benchmades. What if he didn't and then the buyer sells or trades what he believes is a real Benchmade. This is bad for all of us.

Attachments

• JOmlUtP.jpg
    JOmlUtP.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 42
Found this phAeton on Craigslist for half retail. The butterfly stamp makes me think it’s fake, otherwise looks great. The other stamps I e seen are 2 lines instead of single.
Is it real?

*well can’t figure out how to upload pictures. Any tips?

Last edited:
Wanted to see if this Bugout Blue is fake. I bought it from a reputable seller on eBay, but now I am not so sure...

HqvObMg.jpg

PIZZLm0.jpg

sJY7FHs.jpg

iWCl1ek.jpg

akYqKX0.jpg

Ffd80BA.jpg

2Nk49yc.jpg

9NxDdi0.jpg

I'm not sure if the Benchmade fans are aware of this so I'll post it here. Recently, bladeforums had a new dealer signup to be a paying bladeforums supporting dealer. They can now advertise here. Thing is, they sell mostly clones and copies of various top makers, and a ton of those are Benchmade models. While not outright counterfeits, they are copies and they are illegally using the Axis lock term to describe their knives. Take a look at the below and if you want more information, there are links in my signature to active discussions on the subject.

Okay, after spending a little more time on topomart's website (I'll need a bleach shower now), I've come across a bit of illegal activity.

They are advertising that some knives have an "Ais Lock". That is a Benchmade Trade Mark. Further, you don't need to click any deeper on the website than than going to the home page to see this illegal activity. On a computer, simply go there, hover your mouse over the "lock type" tab, and you will see "Axis Lock". They have no rights to use that term. There is a reason why all the legit manufacturers have come up with their own name for the axis lock.

That means that every single link that takes you to their homepage represent a supporting dealer here stealing the trade marked name from a pillar manufacturer in the knife industry, Benchmade. No clicking or scrolling required. Right there on the front page.

Pics:

GW08yX5h.png

rScEZ0yh.png

Benchmade Benchmade

“Shoping...”. Lol

Pics:

GW08yX5h.png

rScEZ0yh.png

Benchmade Benchmade

“Shoping...”. Lol

I'm new to this old forum. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent Benchmade clone. I get that's not what this forums about, but unfortunately I can't afford the real deal atm.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Back