Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Also forgot to add this picture of the spydie hole, you can see where cut out?
F83C2401-4AC8-4312-A317-1F85D98C5F80.jpeg

Hello!
Got a 154cm mini grip off the gram recently and I am concerned about its legitimacy. The first thing that threw me off was the pocket clip. I’m unsure if it’s a aftermarket clip though. Also I wasn’t sure about the logos. Lastly, there are some pitting and looks like might rust spots. I’m sure it’s a old knife but isn’t 154cm pretty hard to rust? I will say, if this thing is in fact a clone, it’s a damn good one.

View attachment 1735691View attachment 1735692View attachment 1735693View attachment 1735694View attachment 1735695
I'm going with its fake, I have an old 154cm to compare to and a few things are off.

The hardware was always painted black, screws, pivot, and clip. Only axis lock was sans paint.. Yes, owner may have stripped the paint.

However,.....the logo I have never seen as it's on yours with the website.

Also, the clip is covering the screw in the center of the scale, normal clip does not.

154cm can rust, never had an issue on mine.

Here are pics

ESGujhR.jpg

QiGdPWf.jpg

8J9bSaQ.jpg

I'm going with its fake, I have an old 154cm to compare to and a few things are off.

The hardware was always painted black, screws, pivot, and clip. Only axis lock was sans paint.. Yes, owner may have stripped the paint.

Also, the clip is covering the screw in the center of the scale, normal clip does not.

154cm can rust, never had an issue on mine.

Here are pics

ESGujhR.jpg

QiGdPWf.jpg

8J9bSaQ.jpg

For sure the hardware is the wrong color. I’ve looked for any examples of a 154cm mini grip and I can’t find any with non black hardware. The action is incredibly good though. I’d love to send it to Benchmade but if it’s fake they will confiscate it and I’ll be out the knife and the money. I guess I’ll message the seller and express my concern and go from there.

Agree with the your take on the Pardue logo, my 556 doesn't have the website but rather a US Patent number (though different than yours). I disagree with your take on the center screw/clip placement though. My clip and screw locations match the one in question. I'm guessing Benchmade has made some modifications over the years? This one has me a little stumped.

For sure the hardware is the wrong color. I’ve looked for any examples of a 154cm mini grip and I can’t find any with non black hardware. The action is incredibly good though. I’d love to send it to Benchmade but if it’s fake they will confiscate it and I’ll be out the knife and the money. I guess I’ll message the seller and express my concern and go from there.

Did anything come of messaging the seller?

Just thought I'd share this. I was given this knife as a gift early in my knife collecting days. I've since learned it was fake, but the silver lining is that I liked it so much at the time, I went out and bought several legit Benchmades. I stopped using this one because A) switchblades are not legal in my state and B) the construction is so poor it doesn't really stay closed in the pocket. Quite unsafe!

Just bought this. Thought it was real. This is my first benchmade. Cant find the k stamp near blade material on any other pictures. Is this a fake?

Last edited:
Benchmade 175BK CBK PUSH DAGGER.

Bought from from a trusted online military surplus store. The dagger sheath does not have R registration mark next to benchmade logo. I've googled online, couldn't find such reference except for wish knifes. Does it confirm that it's fake?

Notified vendor, who is still confident that the benchmade is original.

Can it be original?

New to the forum, do not know how to post pictures, otherwise would have shared.

Benchmade 175BK CBK PUSH DAGGER.

Bought from from a trusted online military surplus store. The dagger sheath does not have R registration mark next to benchmade logo. I've googled online, couldn't find such reference except for wish knifes. Does it confirm that it's fake?

Notified vendor, who is still confident that the benchmade is original.

Can it be original?

New to the forum, do not know how to post pictures, otherwise would have shared.

You need to upload your photos to a free photo hosting site, such as imgur.
Then using the 5th icon from the right at the top of the postng box put in the url to that photo.

Hi guys,

I just bought my first Benchmade - a 320 precinct flipper. It was from an authorised seller I found on the benchmade website in my country. That being said, I saw on the internet that the box should have foam padding on all sides, however mine just had it on the bottom. Could it be that I've received a fake? Overall the knife feels solid and it's very sharp. I'll post some pictures for you to look at. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi guys,

I just bought my first Benchmade - a 320 precinct flipper. It was from an authorised seller I found on the benchmade website in my country. That being said, I saw on the internet that the box should have foam padding on all sides, however mine just had it on the bottom. Could it be that I've received a fake? Overall the knife feels solid and it's very sharp. I'll post some pictures for you to look at. Thanks in advance for your help.
What country? That is a big knife, wondering if it would fit in the box with the padding around the edges? Also, after quick search, I did see this model being sold as a fake. Do a more extensive search and see if you can find any fakes. This model doesn't look popular enough to be on the counterfeiter's list.

What country? That is a big knife, wondering if it would fit in the box with the padding around the edges? Also, after quick search, I did see this model being sold as a fake. Do a more extensive search and see if you can find any fakes. This model doesn't look popular enough to be on the counterfeiter's list.
Czech Republic, bought at the AD that was on the benchmade website. This model is indeed quite obscure, not sure if there would be a lot of reason to sell a fake. Good idea about the size - perhaps the flipper protrudes too far out to fit with the padding. What do you think about the pictures? Does it look genuine?

Czech Republic, bought at the AD that was on the benchmade website. This model is indeed quite obscure, not sure if there would be a lot of reason to sell a fake. Good idea about the size - perhaps the flipper protrudes too far out to fit with the padding. What do you think about the pictures? Does it look genuine?
Sure, it looks genuine but the fakes are getting so good that unless you keep up on everything coming out and basically make yourself an expert, you'll never be able to tell a good fake from real.

By far, the #1 indicator of authenticity of a product is where you got it. Sounds to me like you did right in that category. Next, look at if the market is flooded with fakes of that model. Can you find any others? I couldn't, but I only looked for about 5 minutes on one known counterfeiter website. Plus, that model is older, if there were fakes there would be evidence on the internet. Look around some more.

I honestly think you are good. That flipper tab is big and very much could be the reason why BM used no padding. I've seen them use different boxes for folders based on size. I believe my Bedlam came in a huge box, when it did not seem to need a bigger one compared to other folders (it was the bedlam or another folder).

Last thing to do is to ask Benchmade about the box padding. I wonder if they'd chime in here. Jimmy? Benchmade Benchmade

Back