Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

My first post so not sure I'll be taken seriously or not, I understand if not. I purchased a 535-3 from KnifeCenter last week. It came in 3 days which is a nice turn around. I am very concerned with my purchase. The action is terrible which I attributed to it being a new knife. Then I noticed the blade rests very close to one side when closed. Pressing the blade against a flat piece of granite, I noticed the gap is larger on one side. The butterfly as well as the "s90v" are not in the same location as the pictures on Benchmades website, the uneven grind may be the reason. Paranoia had me do some research on my new knife. And I'm concerned that I got a very good clone. The box and everything in the box looks spot-on, the clear round sticker was even affixed.

KC has a no return policy for opened items so that isn't an option.

I see two possibilities:
A). It's the real deal and I'm just paranoid.
B) someone returned a clone to KC, they would have needed to heat the security sticker to get it off then back on after putting the clone in the box.

After this experience I will only be purchasing straight from the manufacturer.
Call knifecenter they will take care of you if it was a fake.

Bought a 940-1 off amazon back in 2016 and now I'm concerned about authenticity...
So far looks good, and I don't see any of the usual warning signs. To be sure, we need to see a profile of the knife from the top of the blade looking down towards the edge - the thumb studs will stick way out on most of the fakes.

But everything on yours looks right - the machining on the axis lock and studs, the torx hole inside the thumb studs, the even edges around the holes, the proper sizing of the holes, the Benchmade logo trademark "R" is tiny as it should be, etc.

So far looks good, and I don't see any of the usual warning signs. To be sure, we need to see a profile of the knife from the top of the blade looking down towards the edge - the thumb studs will stick way out on most of the fakes.

But everything on yours looks right - the machining on the axis lock and studs, the torx hole inside the thumb studs, the even edges around the holes, the proper sizing of the holes, the Benchmade logo trademark "R" is tiny as it should be, etc.
Like this? Added what I thought you were looking for.

Like this. Fake on the left, real on the right. I have a bunch of pics of a fake Griptilian sent to me on eBay vs the real one I have, and I got 100% of my money back. This was one of the pics.

incorrect shape to thumb studs and liners.JPG

Fake vs Real: NOTE I DON'T HAVE A GOOD PICTURE OF THE FAKE LOGO AND "R" NEXT TO IT.

FAKE - TEXTURES MAY BE OFF, LIKE ON THE LINERS IN THIS CASE
missing texture on liners of fake.JPG

REAL
correct texture on liners on genuine.JPG

FAKE ON LEFT - POOR FINISH ON BLADE MACHINING AND JIMPING
poor finish on blade - washers too small -  liners too thin.JPG

FAKE - SLOPPY CUT HOLES THAT ARE TOO BIG AND POOR FINISHING OF THE EDGES
sloppy cut holes and no texture on grips.JPG

REAL - SAME HOLES - SIZE CORRECT AND CLEAN
properly cut holes and correct texture on real knife.JPG

FAKE ROUGH EDGES POORLY FINISHED
IMG_6668.JPG

FAKE ON RIGHT - NOT REAL G10 AND TEXTURE IS WRONG
not G10 grips.JPG

FAKE ON RIGHT - HARDWARE IS NOT RIGHT, WRONG TEXTURE ON GRIPS LIKE THE REAL ONE ON LEFT
wrong texture and hardware and logo position.JPG

FAKE POCKET CLIP ON RIGHT - POOR FINISH
pocket clip finish poor vs real and logo wrong.JPG

Thank you for putting my mind at ease... This was the first knife I bought that wasn't sub $50 and I absolutely love it, so I'm relieved that I didn't get ripped off.
I know how you feel - that fake Griptilian above was for my son, because he liked mine with grey/blue grips, and it cost $150 on eBay. But most others like it were going for well over $200, so I should have known something was up. At least I got a full refund, and he paid for the return shipping label.

The next week I was sent a fake Spyderco PM 2 for $80, when most others were $110-150. Got that refunded too.

I know how you feel - that fake Griptilian above was for my son, because he liked mine with grey/blue grips, and it cost $150 on eBay. But most others like it were going for well over $200, so I should have known something was up. At least I got a full refund, and he paid for the return shipping label.

The next week I was sent a fake Spyderco PM 2 for $80, when most others were $110-150. Got that refunded too.
Atleast you weren't out any money but it's still a hassle and waste of time... Unfortunately there's a lot of people out there looking to make a quick buck at someone else's expense...

Atleast you weren't out any money but it's still a hassle and waste of time... Unfortunately there's a lot of people out there looking to make a quick buck at someone else's expense...
I actually think the guy that sold me the benchmade did not realize that it was fake, because he had 100% feedback and most of the items that he sold on his store were miscellaneous goods of low and high value, with a few knives here and there. I think he ran to thrift store or collectors store and took it in as a trade or purchase, and I should’ve asked him where he got it. I may actually go back and message him to find out.

Has anyone heard of a faked puukko?

I just bought this one off ebay. Said it was unused but the benchmade logo on the blade is...smeared. Thoughts? It seems legit to me but I'm no BM expert.

Has anyone heard of a faked puukko?

I just bought this one off ebay. Said it was unused but the benchmade logo on the blade is...smeared. Thoughts? It seems legit to me but I'm no BM expert.

Looks pretty good. Logo doesn't looks smeared, more like some crud stuck on the blade.

Tripped over these "Benchmade Flyways" while looking for something else-

CPM 154! Hey, free shipping! $28.99, marked down from (what is real knife/real world price- $180?)

Tripped over these "Benchmade Flyways" while looking for something else-

CPM 154! Hey, free shipping! $28.99, marked down from (what is real knife/real world price- $180?)

Thank you for this.

Thank you for this.

Welcome. There are SO MANY counterfeit Benchmade knives on ebay, Ali express & etc.- They say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery, the Shenzhen Chinese are far past mere flattery and apparently about ready to bow down and worship you all...

I was trying to find an original Gerber "Pixie", hopefully with sheath when Ebay's algorithm suggested these (I want to plagiarize the original Gerber "one piece" sheath design, does that make me a bad person?).

Back