Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Since I'm good and paranoid now that I have a clone, does this 5000 look legit?
UZbJUnt.jpg

67xXgBH.jpg
I had a hard time convincing myself to mail that knife back to you. I almost kept it. Next time...

Does anyone know anything about the several auto strykers and afos going for about 120 dollars on a well know auction site lately? There are a ton available and all are getting positive reviews? They seem too expensive for fakes does benchmade release factory seconds? Thanks

Has something changed in this process? It would become a nightmare for Benchmade if they released factory seconds. I know they've never offered the like over the years. I would also question anyone selling automatic knives; Used to be the fakes/copies would have a cheap looking fit and finish that even newbies could tell the difference. And then there's the legal issues of shipping an auto across state lines.

Again I would say "KnowYourProduct"...If it doesn't sound like a duck it probably isn't. o_O

Welp this got me to create my first post after ten years of lurking. I've been following one such seller of these on the old auction site. It's not a dealer account but there are dozens of positive feedbacks in the past two months for knives including auto Strykers and AFO IIs not to mention Chris Reeve. This seller's current auction for a 9101SBK is particularly suspicious if one studies the photos closely, albeit with 95% of what's pictured looking completely legitimate.

2sbo3k3.jpg

Maybe Benchmade is selling the equivalent of "seconds" using an enjambment of parts?

Last edited:
I checked in on this and this isn't fake. The numbering is due to military requirements and NSN numbering.

Above pic is of 940-1 benchmade. Any help would be appreciated. This knife was purchased off Ebay and I'm a little concern with authenticity. All 940s that I've seen have patent or .com under Osborne, but understand benchmade changes from time to time. Thanks for help in advance

Above pic is of 940-1 benchmade. Any help would be appreciated. This knife was purchased off Ebay and I'm a little concern with authenticity. All 940s that I've seen have patent or .com under Osborne, but understand benchmade changes from time to time. Thanks for help in advance
You need to post a few images. Your link doesn't work.

One way to tell on the 940-1 is look at the metal that the pocket clip screws into. If it's grey it's fake. If it's black it's probably legit. Else find pictures of the real thing and compare yours to it.

Thank you, not sure how to upload on this forum. Its black metal, just the blade engraving through me off, have not seen any with patent or .com under Osborne engraving.

Although I'm not seeing any photos I can tell you that my authentic 940-1 does not have a patent label beneath the"Osbourne" printing on the blade.

A while ago there was a thread on BF regarding a fake 940-1 with a note about the pocket clip: Click here for the post.

Read through that thread and check yours!

Thank you! Engraving was my issue but understand benchmade changes for time to time. Clip screw is black, I'm thinking it's all good. Appreciate the info, thanks again.

That doesn't look legit. The F&F isn't very good, but the real key is the 'McHenry' logo they (wherever this was made) put on the right side. I've never seen a Benchmade marked like that. My vote: Not real.

Back