Benchmade help.

Oh, 154CM is relativley easy to sharpen and touch up in my experience. It's probably my second favorite after S35VN

I have a Presidio Ultra and the Mini version as well. I like both and I prefer the plastic grips of the Ultras to the aluminum handles on the more expensive Presidio. I'm just not a fan of metal handles on my knives. The 440C steel is an old reliable. Easy to sharpen, easy to keep sharp and it holds an edge fine. Other steels will hold an edge longer under the same circumstances but 440C is a good utilitarian blade steel and can take a screamin' sharp edge. I don't have any experience with the Rift.

You can sharpen any knife with your Sharpmaker, no matter what steel is used. If you want to reprofile the blade or sharpen a damaged edge, get the diamond rods. But you can do a good job with just the medium and fine rods, it will just take longer.

What would you guys say would be the toughest of the 2. I'm gonna use whatever benchmade I get as my main knife for awhile and I'm looking to abuse and I need the knife to be strong and lock up tight. So what do u think
Either are plenty tough, I've got a Presidio as of this weekend and it's pretty cool. I'm happy with it but I'm not sure it can replace the HK Axis in my small collection.

It feels great, tactile, smooth action, nice backspacer.

Either will stand up to a lot and the warranty is upstanding.

If you ruin it buy a new blade for $35+$5 shipping and if you're over it by then, sell it after the spa treatment.

Back