Benchmade Puukko

They said fall and I think I heard October if I remember correctly. I’m definitely interested in checking it out when it’s released.

It will be less likely to chip with hard abuse, easier to sharpen in the field. I think they are marketing this as a hard use field/bushcraft blade. I may be wrong.

Yeah, still seems soft, I see most 10" hard use choppers in the 58-60 (Bark River 10" choppers) or 60-62 (cold steel in medium and large sizes) that are meant for more abuse/impact that you can put on a 4" blade.

It will be less likely to chip with hard abuse, easier to sharpen in the field. I think they are marketing this as a hard use field/bushcraft blade. I may be wrong.

Did you really just say less likely to chip? 3V...chip? One of the least chippy steels known to man o_O

Did you really just say less likely to chip? 3V...chip? One of the least chippy steels known to man o_O
I had a convex grind 3v blade chip on me. No joke, it was my fault but it can happen. Hit a piece of fencing wire. It’s still my favorite steel. Could have been a poor heat treat as well but none of these steels are indestructible but 3v is super tough.

Got one yesterday and really like everything about the knife. I think it’s gonna be one of my favorites. I was really surprised about the handle. I really like the rubber grip. I’ve always been a fan of micarta and wood but this handle material is nice.

Got one yesterday and really like everything about the knife. I think it’s gonna be one of my favorites. I was really surprised about the handle. I really like the rubber grip. I’ve always been a fan of micarta and wood but this handle material is nice.

Where did you order it from? I’ve been waiting for ever seemingly for it to be available but caved and bought it off BM’s site. Any pics?

I have a nice knife store about an hour from from my house called New Graham Knives. I drove over there and picked it up yesterday. I’ll see if I can get pics up tomorrow, I’ll be at work till after midnight tonight. This knife might give my L.T. blades some competition.

Mine arrived today. I like the saber grind. I think it is better for general use than the Scandinavian grind. I wasn't sure about the handle material, but I think it will work fine and the handle shape is very comfortable. I really like the sheath. I think it is a step up from the 162 sheath. The overall package is pretty light, and I think it is superb value for the money - I paid $123 with free shipping. Those are just my initial impressions. I am looking forward to seeing what others think.

I just discovered the 200 today, looks like a very capable knife. Definitely investing in one. For under $125.00 you cannot go wrong.

Back