Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I have 4 of Rick's blades and they all work as they should

did you know that Rick made The Rock's machete in Jungle Cruise?
I saw that on his Instagram. I really like the profile of this blade, I am just wondering how much it will rust in this South Louisiana environment. It all ready has patina finish and the handle is epoxied. I bought it on a whim and I have just stored it since but I keep coming back to it. I think I will just use it and see what happens.

I think that you'll find it cuts some stuff :thumbsup:

Rick was telling me Rock wanted his machete to be 3/8" thick. Rick was like, whoa man that's gonna be heavy, to which Rock replied "my watch weighs five pounds"

Obviously I like CPKs. But, I like these too. And cameras. And coffee :)

i-rJmWdhD-X3.jpg

I think that you'll find it cuts some stuff :thumbsup:

Rick was telling me Rock wanted his machete to be 3/8" thick. Rick was like, whoa man that's gonna be heavy, to which Rock replied "my watch weighs five pounds"
Do the insurance underwriters even allow actors to wield sharp things?

I've always found it amusing that 99.9% of the time, when an actor holds up a sword/machete/knife onscreen, you can see the obvious lack of an edge 😂

Do the insurance underwriters even allow actors to wield sharp things?

I've always found it amusing that 99.9% of the time, when an actor holds up a sword/machete/knife onscreen, you can see the obvious lack of an edge 😂
I doubt it, but then again, you have situations like Brandon Lee...

it would be pretty awesome to design knives/swords, props for movies, I hope I luck into a situation like that. Or perhaps earn it- either way I think it would be super fun.

Stupid question...........is That Real???

Yep. The way that Don sets these canisters up to make the skulls, spiders, webs, etc, is pretty cool to see. Then to understand how each one is forge welded to the next and all put together to make one billet is pretty amazing.

It’s next level Master Smith for sure.

Here’s some pics of the progress I grabbed from Don’s IG page. The canisters are all set up, forge welded, stacked together, welded, forged out and then he can cut pieces off to make the knife parts. In other words, a shit ton of work haha!

Z46mEB7.jpg

9lsSmcF.jpg

QbRtaZh.jpg

KwRcQB1.jpg

9UKxzEC.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. The way that Don sets these canisters up to make the skulls, spiders, webs, etc, is pretty cool to see. Then to understand how each one is forge welded to the next and all put together to make one billet is pretty amazing.

It’s next level Master Smith for sure.
It's Magical.... Honestly, I still don't know if I believe you.

No offense. ;)

Back