Best buck knife

The 110 is "heavy"?!? Umm ... may I suggest a few visits to a gym? :)
My favorites (or at least my most carried) are the 110 (carried on the belt, 24/7) matched with a 301 stockman and 389 canoe in my pocket.
As for the fixed blades, I'm rather partial to the 877 and 119. I've also been rather smitten with the 103, although I don't own one yet, since the early 1970's.
Maybe I'll buy myself one for Christmas this year. :)

It's a 3 3/4" blade that weighs 7oz that's heavy if not in a sheath.

The 110 is "heavy"?!? Umm ... may I suggest a few visits to a gym? :)

My belt is already supporting a lot of weight, personally. It's holding up my pants and that includes usually a wallet, a gun, and a knife. Sometimes there are also keys or a small light or both. There's only so much I can do about the weight of the gun (the floor is pretty high there) so I try to save weight on everything else by going with lighter options. I own plenty of heavy knives, but for me by around 4-5oz a knife is getting too heavy for my taste.

The 110 is a classic, don't get me wrong, but it is a bit of a pocket anchor.

The buck 500 and 110 are the best ones I've used. Ones on the right of the pic. But the mayo is one I always wanted to try. And that yellow jacket is one great looking knife!!!! Gonna have to do some research on that one. Really interesting
198iOtF.jpg

Heading for Post Falls on Tuesday, hope to take in the tour. My wife says she doesn't need a knife, but...

I can understand what your saying. When I carry my 111 Classic, (a 4oz. 110) I hardly know I have it. But I loose the ability to deliver blunt force trama and it becomes only a cutting tool. Just saying, so realize there is some give and take when going to the light knife. DM

I can understand what your saying. When I carry my 111 Classic, (a 4oz. 110) I hardly know I have it. But I loose the ability to deliver blunt force trama and it becomes only a cutting tool. Just saying, so realize there is some give and take when going to the light knife. DM

+1. This brings up a good distinction you often see with knives, and concealed carry firearms. Sometimes there's a trade-off between what's easy to carry, and what's easy to USE.

Yes, agreed. In our rush to 'go light' we loose some features. Some days I'm willing to give it up,-- other days I'm not. DM

Back