Best deals you've gotten on a knife?

Hi guys....

The best deal I got on a knife was a Buck Mini Mentor for $9.10 because it didn't have a sheath...

I said to the guy. "Hey it doesn't have a sheath! Do I get a discount? "

LOL

Not a big deal,,but couldn't pass it up..

ttyle

Eric....

Thom, GREAT score on the 921!!

I forgot to put mine! doh!
1) NIB Spyderco Mouse for $39.95
2) NIB Benchmade 940 for $80
3) NIB Spyderco Navigator $29.99

Honorable mentions:
NIB CRKT S-2 $25 (got one 3" blade and the small one too.)
NIB CRKT ApacheII $25

I've purchased three BM 750 Pinnacle's during the past four months. I paid $60 and $65 for two, and also $100 for another (not a great deal, but thought I'd include it).

I also purchased a CRKT Kasper Pollakowski black, fixed blade for $33.00. All of these were purchased at local gun shows. geegee

Just might have been given my best deal on 2 custom folders I'm having made! I let the knifemaker know which 2 of his folders I'd like made and to let me know cost. He quotes his price for the two and then gives me a 'repeat customer discount' of $120.00! Besides that his quote for both knives was less than what I expected!

My best knife deal was for a William Henry Icon with carbon fiber inserts.Won it on Ebay for 225.00

Picked up 2 William Henry knives, a Persian Rainbow with sterling silver bolsters and an opal thumb stud, and a Lancet with jigged bone handle, at a trendy outfitting store. Together they retailed for $550; on sale I paid $275.;)

My best two knife buys would have to be a Benchmade 770 Proto. for $93 shipped. The other is SMKW sale on Spyderco Navigators, they only want $29.99 for one! :D

Best deals you've gotten on a knife?

How about a Trace Rinaldi TTKK. Best deal? Not because of price but because of its true value in everyday use and enjoyment.

A Kit Carson auto. Again, not because of price but, build quality and the man behind it. Plus, being a little exclusive due to the numbers in circulation doesn't hurt either ;)

Murray Carter Muteki kitchen knives :D ABS MasterSmith "production" line models for ~$50 :eek:

Best deal includes more then just a cheap price ....

Les Robertson has been responsible for some personal good deals too. This is as much for what he saved me from buying as it is for selling me first class knives at a fair price with stellar customer service. Not all knife purveyors are @#$@% :)

My best out right buy would have to be a Spyderco JD Smith PE NIB for $40 shipped, right here on Blade Forums:D

I got my Al Mar Sere 2000 for $90.00 shipped, not a bad deal at all.

I missed a buy it now price of 225 for a strider GB by 4 minutes tonihgt on ebay, guess my fist strider will have to wait.

I guess $200 is my magic number.

I saw a small Sebenza for $220 and a few days later he had dropped it to $200. I couldn't believe no one took it -- so I did. I was going to hold it for trade or to sell, but I ended up walking around with it :D

The I got a deal on a Chris Reeve/Al Mar collaboration, the 5.5" One-Piece. It's a lot like the Sable. Yes, $200 for that one, also.

I agree with Sid Post that you should be able to respect the knife itself and the maker to really say you got a good deal. Sort of the opposite end from being pleased with the China cheapie because you picked it up for $3.98. But even low-end knives can be a bargain if they are honestly made and get the job done.

I recently paid about $20 for the Bob Dozier designed folding hunter that Ka-Bar had made in Taiwan. Beautiful feel to the knife, and for someone starting out and needing a user with some class, at a very reasonable price, this knife is a bargain at MSRP.

I bought a nice Ruana in the original sheath with the "Montana Made" sticker still on it for $40.00 at a small local gun show.

I found a very clean Schrade-Walden jigged bone Stockman and a nice Marbles Ideal at a pawn shop, and got the two of them for $25.00.

How about a BM 710 and a Spyderco Military, both nearly new, for $100 shipped? Or a Spyderco Calypso Jr. (Micarta) for $25?

My best buy ever was a Sheffield mfg. Skein Dubh with cairngorm missing for $1.50.The seller thought it was a fishing knife.I love going to flea markets.tom.:)

Back