Best EDC knife?

I would not buy an Emerson from Emerson but Kershaw makes some great folders that have the wave which is the fastest way to open a knife even faster than any auto. The Kershaws have a better lock than real Emersons all though they are made I think in china I bet they will be a great EDC. And if you want a little higher end ZT makes an Emerson knock off which I guarantee will be better than the original. I love the wave opener all knives should have them but I don't care for Emersons knives. Emersons (except for the Comrade CQC 12) have Cheap locks cheap feeling and what the hell can we please sharpen both sides of the blade or at least make it an option. Sorry got on a rant. Check out ZT or Kershaw Spyderco makes a few knives with the wave as well Delica 4 is one I know of you cant go wrong there for the price.

You should mark your post as OT, in that yours is simply a trash Emerson piece. A Chinese made Emerson collaboration has a better lock than the titanium Emerson liner lock? Please. :rolleyes:

Currently on sale for $54. You will have no regrets, no need to buy more, and a knife your hand will appreciate. It comes in many colors, too.

I just got the skyline and adnittebl I haven't used it much yet but it just seems like a lightweight and not as reliable as others with its thin liner lock and only one steel liner. If you're OK with that then go ahead. It isn't a bad knife just know what you're getting into.
Also I know the recon doesn't have steel liners but the tri ad lock I trust a lot more then the liner lock on the skyline and nthe g 10 feels thicker on it then the skyline so it feels more reliable

Right now the Delica (gen 4, flat ground zdp blade) gets the most pocket time. Light, flat, sharp, good ergonomics and even if the blade to handle ratio is a bit off I feel that in this case it doesn't matter. The knife is still small enough closed and has a large enough blade for the stuff I use it for in an EDC role.

If you happen to have previous experience with Delicas I have to add that the 4:th gen Delica and the 1:st gen are two very different knives. The 4:th gen blows it out of the water.

If you are looking for something a bit more... "tactical" (or just something cheaper) check out the cqc6k or the cqc7k by Kershaw. I am very satisfied with my cqc7k. Great ergonomics, fastest deployment feature out there (the wave) and frame lock. To top it off my specimen has a better lock-up than the '98 Commander I used to own. Not as flat or light as the Delica and without the premium blade steel.

I don't have any experience from the two models you mentioned in the OP.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm thinking I'm gonna get a Skyline and maybe a CQC-6K

Excellent picks. The Skyline is so slim and compact that it is barely noticeable in pocket, and the thin, high hollow-ground blade makes for an excellent slicer. The flipping action is also very addictive. If you haven't handled one before, you may find yourself just incessantly flipping it open and shut. ;) The CQC-6K, on the other hand, is a small tank of a knife. In contrast to the Skyline, it has a thicker blade that maintains its full thickness for most of its length. The ergos on the CQC-6K are great, and the wave opener is pretty cool.

Excellent picks. The Skyline is so slim and compact that it is barely noticeable in pocket, and the thin, high hollow-ground blade makes for an excellent slicer. The flipping action is also very addictive. If you haven't handled one before, you may find yourself just incessantly flipping it open and shut. ;) The CQC-6K, on the other hand, is a small tank of a knife. In contrast to the Skyline, it has a thicker blade that maintains its full thickness for most of its length. The ergos on the CQC-6K are great, and the wave opener is pretty cool.
+1
Both are great little knives.
I would add to that aside from more obvious differences...
For light carry, in say a pair of basketball shorts or slacks, go with skyline.
Mostly jeans then go with the heavier cqc-6k.

Back