1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best EDC knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DIYknife, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DIYknife

DIYknife

Sep 1, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm thinking I'm gonna get a Skyline and maybe a CQC-6K

2. A.P.F.

A.P.F.

Mar 3, 2006
    You should mark your post as OT, in that yours is simply a trash Emerson piece. A Chinese made Emerson collaboration has a better lock than the titanium Emerson liner lock? Please. :rolleyes:

3. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

Currently on sale for $54. You will have no regrets, no need to buy more, and a knife your hand will appreciate. It comes in many colors, too.

4. Harry

Harry

Aug 8, 2014
    I work in a office and carry a CRKT Drifter.

5. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    I just got the skyline and adnittebl I haven't used it much yet but it just seems like a lightweight and not as reliable as others with its thin liner lock and only one steel liner. If you're OK with that then go ahead. It isn't a bad knife just know what you're getting into.
    Also I know the recon doesn't have steel liners but the tri ad lock I trust a lot more then the liner lock on the skyline and nthe g 10 feels thicker on it then the skyline so it feels more reliable

6. Colinz

Colinz

Feb 16, 2001
    Right now the Delica (gen 4, flat ground zdp blade) gets the most pocket time. Light, flat, sharp, good ergonomics and even if the blade to handle ratio is a bit off I feel that in this case it doesn't matter. The knife is still small enough closed and has a large enough blade for the stuff I use it for in an EDC role.

If you happen to have previous experience with Delicas I have to add that the 4:th gen Delica and the 1:st gen are two very different knives. The 4:th gen blows it out of the water.

If you are looking for something a bit more... "tactical" (or just something cheaper) check out the cqc6k or the cqc7k by Kershaw. I am very satisfied with my cqc7k. Great ergonomics, fastest deployment feature out there (the wave) and frame lock. To top it off my specimen has a better lock-up than the '98 Commander I used to own. Not as flat or light as the Delica and without the premium blade steel.

I don't have any experience from the two models you mentioned in the OP.

7. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    Excellent picks. The Skyline is so slim and compact that it is barely noticeable in pocket, and the thin, high hollow-ground blade makes for an excellent slicer. The flipping action is also very addictive. If you haven't handled one before, you may find yourself just incessantly flipping it open and shut. ;) The CQC-6K, on the other hand, is a small tank of a knife. In contrast to the Skyline, it has a thicker blade that maintains its full thickness for most of its length. The ergos on the CQC-6K are great, and the wave opener is pretty cool.

8. awooga142

awooga142 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Sage 1!

9. lockster30

lockster30

Mar 5, 2012
    +1
    Both are great little knives.
    I would add to that aside from more obvious differences...
    For light carry, in say a pair of basketball shorts or slacks, go with skyline.
    Mostly jeans then go with the heavier cqc-6k.