Best EDC Pants/Shorts?

I'm just wondering what you guys use for EDC pants? Specialized pants with pockets, or are meant to carry knives in the pocket/on the hips and carry gear on them easily (obviously besides cargo shorts).

Levi 501's work well for me.

Nothing specialized about them, but they hold my knives securely in the pocket and IWB and I like the fit/cut too.

Best pants?

Are you serious? You're asking an open forum to help you dress yourself?

Nothing specialized about them, but they hold my knives securely in the pocket and IWB and I like the fit/cut too.

Yep. Plain old Levi's jeans have always worked for me too.

My dad taught me to always get button fly's (501) since they give you five chances to change your mind.

I'm afraid that style is something that is up to the individual. I do not like slanted pocket cargo pants. I carry large folders as well as a smaller slipjoint and my stuff is always on the verge of falling out of my pockets. Just dress like a regular person, no skinny jeans for crying out loud, we have enough kids running around with those. Besides, they make you look like you dropped a load in the seat. Not very "cool" in my opinion.

My dad taught me to always get button fly's (501) since they give you five chances to change your mind.

Darn tootin my friend, my father always told me the samae thing as well. :D
Amazing how true wisdom trancends all time and space.

I had been wearing 511s just because I like the how the pockets are arranged. I also like the 511 taclites for summer wearing because of how light the are and how fast they dry if you do quite a bit of hiking around creeks. Additionally the pockets are reinforced in areas of stress such as where you might carry a knife on a clip. The down side to 511 pants is they tend to be shoot me first pants. Nothing screams I like guns or may be an off duty cop than 511 pants. So here lately I have gone the cheap route and bought Dickie carpenter pants. In my opinion they are actually more comfortable, but you loose quite a bit of storage. They also look way less shoot me first.

I gotta try some of these.

I pretty much stick to 511 Taclite Pro's, which are like the 511 Tacticals except contructed of lighter weight polyester/cotton blend instead of 100% cotton.

I've used LAPG Operators, BDUs, ACUs, Wrangler cargos, Columbia hiking pants (the ones that have only one back pocket and are almost thin enough to see through), and even Boy Scout switchbacks. My favorite overall is the standard 5 pocket jeans, specifically Duluth Trading Company fire hose jeans. If I need more room, I have a bag and a belt.

I have no idea what my pants are called offically, but I often wear a light weight pair of NorthFace cargo pants that zip off at the knees (become shorts.... but you'd never know) and have a built in belt. I have had them for years and they can take a beating.

Yep.

I don't like angled pockets because when you sit down your pockets are upside down and things fall out.

if you're into cargos the best I ever worn come from TAD. They are built to last. Have a a divider in the main side pockets that holds a knife nice and snug, perfect for a slipjoint. The cargo pockets have a hole in the middle of the flap to slide your fixed blade in there and hold it nicely. and the fronts have a coin or clip knife pocket with D rings sewn in so if you carry your keys like I do on a clasp of some sort or a carabiner you can clip em on and slip your keys in the small pocket. If you wonder why they're expensive, they use the best materials, and after a few years hard use you'll look down and realize that none of the stitching is coming apart, even at the knees.

Back