Best everyday victorinox?

I loved my Alox Cadet. It had everything I needed and nothing I didn't. When it comes to SAKs I'm very partial to the aluminum, it just sets them apart from the plethora of plastic handled ones that are out there, plus they just have a really cool, old school, vibe.

My favorites are the ALOX Cadet and Electrician. Just the tools I need in a slim, stout package, nothing extra and no unnecessary bulk.

Silver alox Pioneer or Super Tinker. I also keep a Rambler on my keys which is always on me. :)

I like the Cadet. It's a simple tool...a bit bigger than the classic, but still very easy to carry.

image_zps2b325146.jpeg

image_1_zpsc47e8162.jpeg

I'd be more likely to buy an alox handled SAK if they offered them with the toothpick and tweezers. I use both those tools often, and am loath to go without them. Super Tinker is my favorite model.

Any two layer SAK. More than two layers, they start to get too bulky for constant pocket carry. I'm partial to the smaller 84mm versions. Small Tinker I've carried for decades, but the Tourist or Sportsman are very good all around knives, as well.

I'd be more likely to buy an alox handled SAK if they offered them with the toothpick and tweezers. I use both those tools often, and am loath to go without them. Super Tinker is my favorite model.

Hi five from a fellow toothpick/tweezers fan! I wish my Leatherman Squirt P4 had a toothpick in it!

I can't make up my mind. I have three favorites: Explorer, Compact and Outrider. I prefer the '80:ies Explorer.

~Paul~

For easy, obtrusive carry, it's hard to beat a 2 spring ALOX like the Soldier, Pioneer, or variant like the Electrician or Pioneer Rancher (my favorite). My personal EDC though, for many years, is a Cybertool 29. It's 4 springs thick, which makes it thicker than it is broad, and feels like a lump in the pocket. But the usefulness that the Cybertool 29 has to offer with its multi-bit tool is indefensible to me, and overall has been the most useful thing I've ever put in my pocket. Combined with a Leatherman Squirt PS4 on my keychain, there's really no true "need" for me to carry anything else to tackle anything that I might be confronted with in daily urban life. Of course, I still carry other knives and tools, but if I had to choose a minimum, it'd be the Cybertool 29 and the Squirt PS4. If I had to narrow it down to one, I'd probably still choose the Cybertool, but a very close second would be the Victorinox Pioneer Rancher.

Super Tinker, Huntsman, or Farmer. The Farmer isn't actually perfect (lacking scissors) but it's just such a lovely knife to use.

Rucksack...... Large locking blade, saw, other basic tools without the superfluous junk. Fills a man sized hand yet isn't thick or heavy.

I can't make up my mind.

Yes.

Just as I am schizophrenic with my folder selection (I frequently go from big > small > "tactical" > EDC . . . ), so too I am rudderless with my SAK selection. For a few hours, a Classic SD will be perfect when I am in my minimalist mode. Then the comfort of full preparedness raises its head, and the Explorer Plus gets a ride. Wait a minute - the 74mm Executive is right in between; that sounds good. But what if I "need" a real phillips? On and on it goes.

I guess if I could just have one <shudder> it would be the Explorer Plus as it has all of my bases covered. But even with a Classic, one is way ahead of the game. Either way, SAKs are a fun diversion from reality, and they give us the illusion that we have a degree of control over our lives.

20120601_155319-1.jpg

Classic SD.

Hi people,could you please tell me which victorinox is best pocket everyday knife up to 70 dolars?

Best for what?

There is no way to recommend a SAK with zero information about you or what you expect from it. What kind of enviroment is it for, do you dress business or casual, work in an office cubicle or warehouse? With no information, it could be anything from a Classic to a Champ.

Super tinker is the best I think. 3 layers isn't too big. The scissors actually do work well on them. But if you don't need/would never use the scissors and the phillips head screw driver is unappealing I'd say look at some alox models. The cadet is nice, 2 layers and a little shorter than most but not a mini. It also has a nice metal nail file if you work with your hands and get your nails caught on stuff. Farmer and pioneer are also good models.

All of the above should be available for under 40 dollars.

There is no way to recommend a SAK with zero information

That's completely true. However, this thread is way more fun when people make recommendations anyway. :thumbup:

Another pic, just because:

20121008_135200-1.jpg

Explorer Plus.

DSCN1750.jpg

Victorinox Drinker...I mean Tinker. As long as things stay civilized this is all I need.

Back