1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best Folders under $20

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by CyberKlown28, Sep 4, 2014.

1. CyberKlown28

CyberKlown28

Sep 4, 2014
    My search came up with some threads a few years old, with many of those suggestions now outdated and the prices of a few knives raised.

What are the best folding knives under $20? :)

2. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Welcome. Opinel.

3. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Victorinox Tinker
    Gerber "Bear Grylls" Scout
    Buck Bantam

4. Just_one_more_knife

Just_one_more_knife

Mar 15, 2014
    Schrade sch501, Kabar dozier folder, Kabar k2 agama and for maybe 10 dollars more the esee avisba, esee zancundo, and ontario rat 1

5. keroscene

keroscene

Nov 9, 2013
    Camillus Hustle is right around $20.....maybe $25. Pretty good and solid AUS 8 blade imo.

6. Just_one_more_knife

Just_one_more_knife

Mar 15, 2014
    Also the spyderco byrd cara cara 2

7. Spyderco-man

Spyderco-man

Feb 3, 2013
    Find a good pre owned Kershaw Skyline. They go for around $20 on that big famous auction site on occasion. Or check the Exchange here on BF and you may get lucky.

8. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Cara Cara 2 vote #2

9. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Kershaw Tremor
    Followed by the best $10 knife , a Cold a Steel Kudu

10. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Kershaw chill super little edc and gr e at flipper, most Sam renmu, most RRider traditionals. Opinel is probbie the budget king of them all!

11. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I was going to suggest the Douk Douk, but darned if it isn't right at $30 with shipping now.... Raise your limit to $30 -$40 and you'll have a lot more options. Kabar Dozier, Kershaw/Emersons come to mind.....

12. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If I take my wife out to dinner, it will cost me about $35 for a half-decent restaurant. I figure I should be willing to spend at least that much on a SHARP knife that I want to be able to use safely and efficiently.
    But yes, the Opinel is a good choice for many...

13. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    If you can spend like 10 bucks more theres the Ontario folders ( utilitac or rat1/2) and see folders.
    If you can't spend anymore then I'd second the opinel

14. kimengbk

kimengbk

Aug 10, 2012
    No love for the svord peasent knife?

Opinel- or save your coin to get a rat1, Byrd,and a 2nd for the buck bantam line

15. kimengbk

kimengbk

Aug 10, 2012
    No love for the svord peasent knife?

Opinel- or save your coin to get a rat1, Byrd,and a 2nd for the buck bantam line

16. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    +1 on the Svord. One of my most used knives.

17. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Victorinx bantam,

Victorinox recruit,

Victorinox classic,

Opinel number 6 thru 8.

18. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    For me, under $20, Svord Peasant is the best... if you like utilitarian things.

19. ak585479

ak585479

Jun 9, 2014
    I bought 2 knives from Camillus (new Camillus) and found problems with both, one being a very serious safety issue. I swore them off after that... HOWEVER, this is a darn good knife after using it a bit the AUS-8 seems every bit as good as Cold Steels or SOG's and it has G-10. Camillus Hustle...I surprisingly recommend it. Can't believe I'm pushing it but yea, it's good. Also I got a Kershaw Shuffle at the same place for $14 and it's an awesome keychain knife/bottle opener/flathead screwdriver or very small prybar. Steel on MY shuffle is crap 3Cr (they make them in 8Cr13MoV now) but I've had no issues seeing as I don't use the blade all that often. I use it now and then and it still shaves so whatever I recommend it.

Camillus Hustle...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kershaw Shuffle...

[​IMG]

NOW if you want to spend 10 extra dollars...
    Kershaw Skyline in Sandvik 14C28N Razor steel and G-10, Blade was satin but sanded and polished to a mirror finish by me. Amazing knife and fwiw best knife for the value imo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. tobruk

tobruk

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree with the previous post. I also own the Kershaw Shuffle, its more than just a decent little knife for $15. I bought the Camillus Hustle today for $25, and cant believe it doesnt cost more. Its a great choice for around your budget. You wont be disappointed.