Best Folders under $20

Another vote for the Kabar Dozier Hunter, got mine for $19.99. Kershaw Crown is a steal for about $10 on the bay. Surprising quality at that price point.

Camillus Hustle is right around $20.....maybe $25. Pretty good and solid AUS 8 blade imo.
I swear to God that folder(or newer version) showed up at my local Wal-Mart. Has like a large 4" blade, and gold g10 handles. They wanted around $70.00 dollars. The only newer type frame or liner lockers they had were the Kershaw Thistle , Kryo, Camillus EDC 3, and a couple of unidentified Gerbers...

I hear the lansky world legal is a work horse. It sure looks weird though.
Opinel, saks, as said before, make great knives at low prices.

I checked my local Wal-Mart again. It appears the Camillus Hustle was mis priced. It is actually $ 24.97.

Anyway, here's a few of my Tac Folders that I paid $20.00-25.00 for because of clearance sales, and closeouts.
1. Buck Odessey.
2. Older-Gerber Crusader.
3. Kershaw Accent (looks like a medium-sized Cold steel Talwar.)
4. Home Depot/ Milwaukee tools Fastback Hawkbill. (Solid work knife.)
5. Last Gen.: Gerber Icon with 4.2" blade. $25.00 clearance last summer.

Last edited:
I wanted to upload photos, but I guess Taptalk has changed how a user post pictures! ? It used to be easy!? No option to upload from my smartphones gallery!? This rots! I'll uninstall Taptalk Then. I guess I'll go back to reading paper magazines then...Anyone know why this app is not giving option to post in Android version! ??

I don't know if its the best, but the Kershaw Chill is a pretty excellent knife for $20. Its lightweight, thin, has nice fit and finish and you won't get too upset if it comes up missing. 8CR13MOV isn't a world beater blade steel, but it sharpens up really easily.

Sanrenmu, Navy, Enlan, some are less/not copies.
(please don't hurt me)

Just searched a Kershaw Crown on sale for $15. I paid about that at a big box store on sale for a few as gifts. There are other good/inexpensive Kershaws.
Some Kershaws are coming out in not-as-good steel so do your homework.

+1 on the Svord, nice L6 steel for the $$$. Be ready to reprofile and it's not a pocket folder.

Opinel is the epitome of inexpensive elegance. :) Get the stainless.

Used is the best but it is delayed gratification. A USA Schrade 34OT as new, unsharpened for $15 is the best knife under $20. I have 3. I have 2 beaters which were $5-$10.

CRKT Drifter, hands down. Kershaw Chill and Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite are also good alternatives if you want a flipper or very small, utilitarian blade respectively, but in terms of all-around value, the Drifter is hard to beat. The Byrd models are also good, but not as solid as my Drifter.

Camillus Hustle! Hard to believe it doesn't cost half again as much. After carrying mine for the past couple of days, I would have paid it!

Love my SCH501. Needed two mins of sandpaper on the scale edges and some blue loktite on the glass breaker, but darn thing is a beast you can beat on without worry. Still prefer my SAKs for daily edc, but the 501 is clipped to my get-home bag and has served me well in many situations.

I think a bunch of schade 300 series are selling for like $17 306, 307, 304 are all fairly good also the meyerco shockwave is great and about this price crkt hamond cruzer and crawford kasper, cara cara is good too.

20151019_203349_zpsmi4pnab5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151019_202920_zpscjwuo9au.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151019_204018_zpsfhscm4pq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151019_203915_zpssh18ugbi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151019_202812_zpso77wt1ud.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Any folder by Sanrenmu, Enlan, Ganzo, Taylor Schrade and Taylor S&W fits the <$20 requirement.

Back