Best "ignorant food" ideas

Ignorant foods are basically any non-traditional food combinations.

Some of my favorite combos that I've come up with are...

*Ranch and BBQ sauce mixed together to form a dipping sauce. Great with pizza, burgers, and chicken
*Pasta with alfredo sauce and topped off with chunks of bbq pork or beef ribs
*chocolate peanut butter cookie dough ice cream with banana and topped off with coco puffs.
*Any sherbet or sorbet mixed with creole cream cheese icecream.

Maybe it is too "normal" now but pineapple jalapeno Pizza with ham chunks and black olives.
Or
Hemingway's special when out fishing for marlin (or Nazi subs) ; peanut butter and onion slice sandwiches.

I make my tuna sandwiches with tuna and bbq sauce.
I put pineapple on my pizza like Wowbagger Wowbagger . According to those around me, it qualifies in this thread.
Scrambled eggs and bbq sauce (yep, I like a good bbq sauce).
Funyons and cream cheese. Neighbor eats it. I tried it, I like it.

Or
Hemingway's special when out fishing for marlin (or Nazi subs) ; peanut butter and onion slice sandwiches.

That sounds absolutely disgusting. But then again I don't like onions. Variety is the spice of like they say.

Corn Dog Casserole
  • 8x8 baking dish
  • 1 (8.5-ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 pack all-beef hot dogs
  • Tbsp salt
  • Tbsp black pepper
Cut hot dogs into 1/2" to 1" pieces
Follow directions on Jiffy box to make corn muffin mix
Combine corn muffin mix, hot dog pieces, salt, and pepper.
Pour mix into 8x8 dish and stir to distribute hot dog pieces evenly.

Bake at 350 for 50 min.

Cut into squares and pair with side of yellow mustard when served.

Kind of sort of tastes like a corn dog* if you've either had six+ beers or are eight years old.

*But not really.

Maybe it is too "normal" now but pineapple jalapeno Pizza with ham chunks and black olives.
Or
In the summer, I love the combination of grilled pineapple and grilled jalapenos in one bite.

Haven’t had one in years. But I used to eat peanut butter and American cheese sandwiches.

Haven’t had one in years. But I used to eat peanut butter and American cheese sandwiches.
My mom used to make the occasional peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich for herself. I never understood, nor could I appreciate, that particular combination. Peanut butter and especially a sharp cheddar paring kind of makes sense to me though.

My favorite prediabetes sandwich was peanut butter strawberry jam and banana.

I got in trouble when I was a kid because my mom had a tub of store bought vanilla frosting. She went to use it realized it was almost empty. I had been making peanutbutter and frosting sandwiches! They were real good.

I went hiking with my dad he assured me that he packed lunch. When it was time to eat. He produced a bag of stale onion rolls and a tub of raspberry marshmallow Fluff. Washed down with warm canteen water. I was mad at him for months.

I worked in a remote area and our only treat was to open a can of pears in heavy syrup and sprinkle in a few spoonfuls of powered milk to make the syrup into a thick paste.

It was pure heaven after months of deprivation.

Or

Always thought peanut butter and onion was a West Virginia thing. My grandmother used to eat them when I was a kid.

We also did peanut butter and bacon, and peanut butter and sweet pickle.

In the summer, I love the combination of grilled pineapple and grilled jalapenos in one bite.

The spicy/sweet combo is pretty common... I cube up onions, red peppers, pineapple, and jalapeño, toss in olive oil, and throw in a grill pan as a side dish.

Apples and jalapeños go well together as well. There’s a local bakery that does jalapeño apple pie that is to die for.

My sister used to eat Purina dog chow while watching tv.

she would also suck ketchup right from a single serve pack.

I had a friend who would eat mayonnaise out of the jar with a spoon.

Back