Best Knife Buy. Period.

I feel very lucky to have gotten three of them, and will soon enough display this third knife in a third upcoming display case, (amongst some of my other gadgets that I love to collect). Even though it will mean that this same model will be displayed in three different places within my home, they simply display beautifully. With each of these knives having different gadgets surrounding them, they'll still offer each display it's own unique look. Would I have gone for buying a fourth?... Probably, they really were that much of an awesome deal, and they really are that nice! :)

Last edited:
Decided on temporarily displacing my Case branded (Ontario made) USMC knife out of this display, and putting in the TFD/Ontario P4 USMC knife... She adds a nice flair :)

kcf1hc.jpg

I would also like to add a question...
For thise that have taken the black powder coat off the blade, can you share pics of them here? I am curious about the look, and if the TFL etching remained pretty intact :)

I will post a picture when im done but im just doing it in spare time so itll be a while. The logo did not remain.

Thanks!
Oh, btw... was the logo simply only in the powder coat finish, not actually etched deeply enough to have been in the metal?... or, was it simply just not deep enough into the metal to have survived the sanding and such you may have done?
I'm thinking that if the etching is in the metal, the removal of the powder coat would require a chemical removal instead of an abrasive removal to save the logo. In either case, thank you for sharing :)

I know I already said this before, but got'a say it again... These knives were such a great deal, and I am extremely happy to have gotten the heads up from Cybershot! :)

It must not be in the metal very much but i wasnt really trying to preserve it so im not sure. I dont mind the logo i just dont like coated blades.

Nice looking knives at a smokin' good price. Wish I had stumbled on this new forum a little sooner. I missed these. The 125th Anniversary looks sweet also, with the coated blade, leather handle with the black rings, and the polished brass hardware.

I have been contemplating a Quartermaster/P3 for some time now. Hadn't seen the P4 until today. Have any of you guys put these knives to use yet? How are they working out for you?

There is just something about a traditional stacked leather knife. I like brass too. So this has dual appeal for me.

I am truly glad to see that Ontario has taken the plunge here. Also I'm extremely excited that Paul has come onboard. It can only mean great things for them and for us.

Last edited:
Btw, I actually think that their 125th Anniversary model has the same handle as the TFD version, except that they use a paint of some sort to do the five grooves in black. I don't believe they use black plastic spacers, but I could be wrong (not my first time being wrong, for sure) :)

Back