Best knife for the Money....?

Best knives for the money?
Outdoor Edge Impulse
Kershaw Whirlwind
Frost's of Sweden
CRKT M16-04
Spyderco's Native, Endura, Delica, Moran (the BEST DEAL), Cricket & Ladybug.
Higher end Spyderco's: Starmate, Military & Wegner. Pricier but IMO still best buys for the money.
Cold Steel's SRK & Master Hunter.
Fallkniven's A-1, S-1 & F-1.
Had enough?
There are plenty more!

------------------
If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid.

Best for the least?

Any SAK by Victorinox
Any Fallkniven
Any Frosts of Sweden
Any Gerber Gator
Some Spydercos like the Endura
Any black Kabar with kraton handles
Some Cold Steels if fixed blade and full tang

------------------
"The cannibals of the West wear suits and ties"--Midnight Oil

Best for the least?

Any SAK by Victorinox
Any Fallkniven
Any Frosts of Sweden
Any Gerber Gator
Some Spydercos like the Endura
Any black Kabar with kraton handles
Some Cold Steels if fixed blade and full tang

------------------
"The cannibals of the West wear suits and ties"--Midnight Oil

I has been listed a couple of times, but I would have to say the Camillus Marine Combat Knife w/ Kydex Sheath - shipped to your door for UNDER $40 - IMHO a solid performer/best bang for the buck.

No one mentioned the GH WW Khukuri - good quality for reasonable $ if you want ONE tool to do it all
smile.gif

Ray 'md2020'

I think the Spyderco Endura/Delica gives the best bang for the buck, closely followed by my favorite knife, the Benchmade 710/705. I don't think either has an edge over the other as far as the blade goes, but I definitely think the extra $40 or so for the Benchmade's safety and secure feeling with the Axis Lock is worth it.

Ray

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

for the $, I have to go with the Gerber Gator. If you shop hard enough, you can get the drop point ATS-34 for around $45. That's a darn good blade for the money!

I thought about buying one of those Maddog - but I already have a Ka-bar Next Generation and figured I could put the money toward something else...since they're simliar

Endura/Delica are definitely tops in my book. Opinels get an honorable mention for a decent lock and great carbon-steel blades at the price of taking a friend to Burger King.

For fixed-blades, Ontario has a lot of nice stuff for cheap and for a little higher-class US Blackjacks used to offer a near-handmade knife for prices competitive with the CS "slab of steel with rubber on one end" family.

-Drew

Back