!! Best new 2017 BM that they snuck in unannounced?? 319 Proper Slip Joint!!

I like it. Hopefully it will come out in one of my preferred flavors.

Looks nice! I would have preferred a spear or clip point, but I am glad they are branching out from the Axis-lock more lately.

There is a YouTube of the new knife being demo'd by Benchmade at IWA. If you search out Benchmade 319 IWA you should find it.

You can tell the presenter is not that familiar with slipjoints as he stumbles on what to call the 'half stop" when he is opening and closing the knife. It looked bigger than I had pictured in my mind.

,,,Mike in Canada

s30V is amazing steel .

It was amazing 10 years ago. It's just an ordinary decent steel now. Nothing premium or special about it.

You can get an S30V knife for less than $50 these days, and 85% of Benchmade's line is already S30V. Other manufacturers have moved on from S30V to M390, S90V, S110V, etc, but BM seems to be stuck with an abundance of the stuff.

If you like it, that's great news for you. For the rest of us, it's yawn-worthy, as evidenced by the "2017 Benchmades" thread.

Only way to carry a folder like that, is a belt pouch like other traditionals. It's a chore to get used to, but then again, without a clip options are limited.

Wow, slipjoint in S30V + canvas micarta -nice! I'm in :thumbup:

I love it as well, but I have to say that blade is tiny (2.8" long). Hopefully if this knife takes off they will release a larger version with a working length blade.

Back