1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Best Survival Knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by stonesblades, Jul 14, 2012.

1. stonesblades

stonesblades

Apr 22, 2012
    What is the Best All Purpose Survival knife on the market, under 300 dollars???

2. defaultuser

defaultuser

May 3, 2006
    Best in what sense?

What's the best car on the market today, under 25k?

3. cpurcell

cpurcell

May 9, 2012
    I have a classic 80s model Rambo knife, with the hollow handle and the compass in the pommel that I'll part with for $299.99, shipping paid.

4. stonesblades

stonesblades

Apr 22, 2012
    I'm talking about best of the best for ,overall efficiency, blade strength + durability, Size, and camp chores like batoning and shelter building, gutting, and even the defensive values of the knife.

5. defaultuser

defaultuser

May 3, 2006
    A custom camp knife perhaps? Something in 5160 or 52100, 6 to 8 inches blade lenght, full tang construction. There's plenty of very talented makers right here on the forum. Why not contacting them and get something made to your specs? That could be an awesome experience.

6. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    That's an awesome deal. Go for it, OP.

7. levik97

levik97

Jul 13, 2012
    I love my KA-BAR Becker BK2. With a 1/4 inch thick blade you are not going to break it. Blade length is 5 1/4. Not the best knife if weight is an issue but very durable. I paid $64 on Amazon.com for it. I have also heard that ESEE knives are hard to beat. They are more expensive than Beckers but they also have stock micarta scales and kydex sheaths.

Levi

8. manowar669

manowar669

Oct 1, 2002
    Lol, funny stuff.

9. villan

villan

Oct 6, 2008
    My personal favourite is the ESEE 5. The quality of their gear, brilliant warranty and excellent customer service make them a good choice. The Becker BK2 is also a good choice, at a lower price point. Can't really go wrong with either.

10. manowar669

manowar669

Oct 1, 2002
    Survival knife? I guess you need to define that. Many would just use a Mora. Great buy for $12. I love mine, I use it for deer. Stick it in the dishwasher if you need to. Sharp as hell from the factory. Lasts a long time.

11. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Swamprat Rodent 9.

12. levik97

levik97

Jul 13, 2012
    "with the hollow handle"

A full tang is almost a necessity on a good survival knife.

13. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 15, 2006
    [​IMG]

14. Bigfatts

Bigfatts

Mar 12, 2012
    There is no such thing as the best knife. Only a knife that meets all of your needs. My needs may be different than your's may be different than his, etc. For instance, you mention batoning. I happen to think that to be silliness and would not base my choice of a knife with that in mind. So just find a knife that is quality made that fits all the needs you find important.

15. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Fixed blade 4" from SurviveKnives. Either 3v or M390.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Here's mine.

[​IMG]

17. Leatherface

Leatherface

Dec 3, 2005
    smatchet

18. stew

stew

Apr 30, 2002

What're you survivin'?

19. CellerDrummer

CellerDrummer

Aug 7, 2011
    Becker , ESEE , Greyman , K-Bar , Glock field knife , or the famous Bear Grylls Ultimate knife..