Best Survival Knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bark River Bravo-1 3V or Gunny 3V, a strop, compound and some sandpaper.

The ESEE, Becker suggestions are alos good, IMO, and less expensive than my first examples.

Get yourself a Swiss Army knife and a Mora then pocket the rest of the money. Remember your brain is your most important survival tool.
Jim

Get yourself a Swiss Army knife and a Mora then pocket the rest of the money. Remember your brain is your most important survival tool.
Jim

Throw in a good parang from Borneo and for less than $300 you probably have a set up which will enable you to survive anywhere on earth where "survival" is possible.

P1010499.jpg

If I had 300 dollars to spare here's what I'd do; get one of these - Doug Ritter Becker/Ontario Rat-7/Esee 6, a decent medium sized axe like the gransfors bruks small forest axe or some equivalent, I hear wetterlings are good. A few Moras, a collapsable saw and a SAK, I'd go for the Victorinox Hunter XT or something similar. Obviously that isn't one knife for 300 dollars but to me it's a lot better if you're going to actually use them as opposed to fondle a 300 dollar knife! :) My estimation is that everything I mentioned there comes in around 300 dollars, if you ask and shop around.

Anything from Swamp Rat or Scrap Yard would be great. If your willing to go a little over $300 you could get a Busse Team Gemini Light Brigade.

An Oneida Steak Knife and don't leave the kitchen table.

You just have to stay in the proper survival senario.

The one you have with you if that highly unlike situation ever comes up.

I'm a 3 knife man, and my Swampies is a set that's hard to beat, they are my Ratmandu , Rodent 9, and Rodent Solution I have other sets, from Parties to Fallkniven, BK's and O.K.C.'s, the only set that I have is my Busse set, but they are more expensive, back to my Swampies, if I only had one knife, I would feel very comfortable with any one of my Swampies, with my life.

The only set I like better than my Swampies is my Busse set but they are more expensive, a d this spell check sucks, I meant to say Barkies not Parties, a spell check fart, grrrrrrrrr

I just used my Smatchet to baton through a Becker BK2 and an ESEE 5. Cut them both in twain.

I didn't even have to strop it afterwards, it will still shave my face. Of course, I don't shave my face because real men keep beards.

95buss.jpg

I would say this one, X10 (10 of them is still under $300). It even has your hollow handle, which is so coveted in the survival circles these days.

Depends on the terrain. A parang, khukuri or a machete. Along with a good pocket knife like a SAK.

I'd rather have 2-3 cutting/chopping tools at hand but if I had to have only 1, probably a skookum bush tool or a functional equivalent copy of one ....

I would go with the Chris Reeve Shadow IV as I feel its one of the best of the OPK. But finding one for that price now-a-days, I wish you luck....!!! Its as tough as nails and has the hollow handle to boot..................There are others out there as well like the CRK Pacific and Bark River makes some great knives like the bravo 1 which I have had several of. Busse is another great maker that I have experience with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back