Best?

JK Knives

Which knife style do you guys think is the best for "all around" use? I'm trying to think of one that would cover most knife uses, then offer it at a very special price if there was interest in a group buy. Maybe even a serial numbered run.

I second the kepthart design. I've been kicking around the idea of a tad smaller straight back kept art with thin scales to replace my ontario rat3 knife. I got it back somehow it appeared on my desk after I had some words with Co workers. I just don't like the sererated portion of it. But the pocket slip is good to go.

I'm still due for a Mud Turtle.

Is there a chance denim micarta and copper pins would be an option?

I second the kepthart design. I've been kicking around the idea of a tad smaller straight back kept art with thin scales to replace my ontario rat3 knife. I got it back somehow it appeared on my desk after I had some words with Co workers. I just don't like the sererated portion of it. But the pocket slip is good to go.
jbarsquat has posted pictures of his Compact Kephart straight back here somewhere.

I see you mentioned green micarta option in another post. Do you have a pic of it on one of your knives, I don't recall seeing it before ?

I see you mentioned green micarta option in another post. Do you have a pic of it on one of your knives, I don't recall seeing it before ?
It seems like all my pictures have disappeared. I do show it on my website, and will also be posting a picture of a knife next week that has it.

John I have a long drive tomorrow. I'm gonna think about the tracker design it's at 16 plus inches right now which is a little out of control. Or is it?

John I have a long drive tomorrow. I'm gonna think about the tracker design it's at 16 plus inches right now which is a little out of control. Or is it?
The longest I can fit in my furnace is just under 13".

BA47B735-712D-4D50-94EE-F8D15650F92A.jpeg 1977BE3A-C5A3-4FA9-927A-6C475B6E4641.jpeg E3BEB204-4A2C-4756-96E2-F30A40D27A76.jpeg
Spine shot please

Ask and you shall receive. I rounded the first inch in front of the handle to make it more comfortable for kitchen chores.

ETA also included a mini grip and a couple others that happened to be in the kitchen for a size comparison

personally I fine a drop point or semi-spear to be the most versatile pattern overall - like your bushcrafter series had.
alternatively, for kitchen duty - the santoku or semi-wharncliffe gets the most use here.

I like the kephart a lot straight back or traditional. Also anything clip point or semi wharnclif does good for everyday tasks imo.

personally I fine a drop point or semi-spear to be the most versatile pattern overall - like your bushcrafter series had.
alternatively, for kitchen duty - the santoku or semi-wharncliffe gets the most use here.

+1 to everything said by 1066vik.

Back